• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am looking for a Mosin to play around with, who has the cheapest, best quality rifles in the Indy area? I know there are a lot of purist out there, but I figure for around $100 it's no big deal plus I don't plan on butchering it so I can always return it to it's original state. Thanks in advance.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know Bradis has many in stock for $119, but you may be able to find better prices if you look. It's still cheaper than ordering online from a lot of places, especially if you have to pay for the transfer.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Que! Are they all pretty decent quality wise or do you have to sift through them. I am not so worried about the wood seeing as how I plan on adding a different stock, but I'm more concerned about the barrel and receiver.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks Que! Are they all pretty decent quality wise or do you have to sift through them. I am not so worried about the wood seeing as how I plan on adding a different stock, but I'm more concerned about the barrel and receiver.

There are about 50 up there and of course you will have to look for the best receiver and barrel for you. However, I didn't see any junk when I looked through them.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Mosins At The Point of No Return!

picture.php

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Nice collection! How do you like the ATI stocks vs. the wooden ones? Also are those custom pistol grips?

I like both the ATI stocks and the wood ones. You don't have to worry about scratching the ATI's up. The wood ones are a lot of work, sanding and refinishing, milling a new slot for the band keeper and a flat for the pistol grip. I machined everything on them, bolt handles, flash hider, some scope mounts and made the pistol grips out of solid aluminum. The thing I don't like about the wood stocks, is the fact that they have a straight grip, just not my cup of tea. I feel that the pistol grip on the ATI's give you a better feel. But that's just me.

Last edited:

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    I have the American version that has had the barrel cut down and has a peep site, i need to find someone that can put a crown back on it, perfect wood with the flaming bomb mark also. I grabbed it knowing i had seen a picture of one before and it is in Lapins book, a company in New York worked them over years ago for the American Hunter and blew the value of them but i have a American version Mosin Nagant.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have the American version that has had the barrel cut down and has a peep site, i need to find someone that can put a crown back on it, perfect wood with the flaming bomb mark also. I grabbed it knowing i had seen a picture of one before and it is in Lapins book, a company in New York worked them over years ago for the American Hunter and blew the value of them but i have a American version Mosin Nagant.

You can recrown it yourself. Check out Midwayusa they have a gunsmithing video on it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I know Bradis has many in stock for $119, but you may be able to find better prices if you look. It's still cheaper than ordering online from a lot of places, especially if you have to pay for the transfer.

I'm with Que, Bradis has quite a few, so you have a good selection to pick through. I spent maybe 30 mins looking for mine, just holding the open bolts to the light and looking down the bore for one that looked a little better, most looked decent.

Only had a couple Tulas, most were Ishavik (sp?), and only saw one hex, if that's your thing.

Top Bottom