• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody else have their M&P 45 not go into full battery on a full mag? Mine does it almost every time, wether I pull on slide and release or use the slide release lever. Slide will go forward but stop about a 1/4 from full battery. A little smack on the back of the slide and it goes home and then is fine while firing through the whole mag.

It only does it on the first round of a full mag, and it does it on all three mags I have. I've tried 4 types of ammo as well. Guess my question should be for you other M&P owners do you keep the slide, barrel, etc good and wet or not so much? I keep my Glock's pretty dry and they run great, maybe the M&P needs to be good and wet. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I use very little oil on mine as i try to shoot as often as possible and its my only handgun. I think this is the first i've heard of this issue, i would ask if something is blocking the way. Does this only happen when loading that first round or does it also happen if you dont have a round in? Either way sounds like its catching on something, no idea why it would only happen with the first round, i probly wasnt much (if any) help, but maybe with this bump someone else could help ya

ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    Take your mags and push each bullet out with your thumb. I found that my bullets would hang up on the front edge of the mag once in a while. Took a fine file and rounded over that sharp edge and have had no issues of any kind since then. I have the M&P 45c and love it.

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    I actually have had many 45's and fell in love with the M&P 45 when i first held it and shot it and when out and bought me a second one. One with the 4" and 4 1/2 barrel. Neither of mine do that which you are speaking of.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It worked 100% today, hopefully whatever was going on is done with now. I really like the gun, shoots and handles great. And I actually think the stock trigger isn't that bad, I'm not messing with it. I'll keep sending rounds downrange with it and having fun! :D

Top Bottom