• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Around December I purchased a m&p 9mm pro series. Absolutely love the gun. At about 200 rounds the white insert around the tritium came out on my front night sight. Did a little research and turns out that they are known to do that. So I called S&W and they happily took it in and put a new front sight in. Okay cool, little bit of a hassle but not a huge deal. Was able to get it out again last weekend. Not even 100 rounds shot through it and it did it again! WHAT?! bunch of :poop:. Now I have to send it in again. It's great that they will cover it, but I do not want to keep sending this thing in because the insert keeps falling out. Anybody else have this problem? If so, how did you go about it?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Around December I purchased a m&p 9mm pro series. Absolutely love the gun. At about 200 rounds the white insert around the tritium came out on my front night sight. Did a little research and turns out that they are known to do that. So I called S&W and they happily took it in and put a new front sight in. Okay cool, little bit of a hassle but not a huge deal. Was able to get it out again last weekend. Not even 100 rounds shot through it and it did it again! WHAT?! bunch of :poop:. Now I have to send it in again. It's great that they will cover it, but I do not want to keep sending this thing in because the insert keeps falling out. Anybody else have this problem? If so, how did you go about it?

Mine busted the tritium vial after a couple hundred rounds. I called Smith and they sent me a new front sight which I installed and it too busted after a couple hundred rounds. I replaced them with Ameriglo's and 5000 rounds later I still love them. Smith's factory sights kinda blow IMHO.

Why send the gun in instead of having them send you the sight?

Top Bottom