• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Need some help. I have got a friend with an M&P9 in the Desert Tan. Wanting to sell it and upgrade to something different. I have searched for values and it seems to be widespread. It is LNIB (about 200 rounds). Only time it was shot, I was there. Not been carried, either. Unsure of mag count (whatever they come with new, I forget).

I'm a Glock guy but need to find something for my daughter soon. I realize the trigger is pretty bad and I see what the solutions are (looks about as easy as Glock parts). So, what say you of INGO? Worth/value (please don't say what I am willing to pay or him willing to sell it for)? Just throw a range out there. And, the another reason is I think he will regret selling this one and if I buy it he will have the option of reacquiring it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    to me....for a protection gun...color is NOT important so long as it functions.....that being said, base whether his price is acceptable against other's that are available to you.....if he wants more, than tell him you can get it for XX price elsewhere....you can only offer him XX - $20....unless he's offering it with something that makes it more worth it to you...such as extra mags, ammo, etc...............used is used...round count really makes no difference IMO...if it has been used extensively you will be able to tell...most guns don't get used enough to affect their function within their lifetime

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Tagged for interest.

I don't think that the Tan furniture & slide really don't add any value. I would say $450 with the box and two mags. Maybe I'm way off, but I wouldn't pay more than that when you can buy new MP 9 for $500 anywhere.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I will agree that the Tan furniture means nothing. Although, I am kind of partial to OD. I've looked at Bud's and GB, figured shipping + transfer fees and I have seen from $400-$750. That's a pretty big spread and I cannot believe anyone has been able to sell an ordinary M&P9 for that kind of money.

If I truly thought he wouldn't regret it I don't think I would consider it. He is going to the LGS in a bit to see what trade-in is. Maybe I'll go from there.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I will agree that the Tan furniture means nothing. Although, I am kind of partial to OD. I've looked at Bud's and GB, figured shipping + transfer fees and I have seen from $400-$750. That's a pretty big spread and I cannot believe anyone has been able to sell an ordinary M&P9 for that kind of money.

If I truly thought he wouldn't regret it I don't think I would consider it. He is going to the LGS in a bit to see what trade-in is. Maybe I'll go from there.

a dealer will offer him around 60% of what THEY pay for it NEW from manufacturer..and they usually mark up 10% if not more....that being said they will only offer him around 50% of what they offer the gun for on their NEW shelf...so if it's 500, they'll give him $250

considering this, you could offer him 50 more and get a hell of a deal..you should go with him ;)

Also, like I said...as long as the gun is not in very poor, heavily used condition...compare all the used guns as necessary...don't even bother looking at those which are grossly over priced...concentrate on the best prices....people post on auctions at ridiculous prices and even list the same item multiple times at different prices BETTING that someone who's NOT an educated shopper will buy at the higher price.........basically if there's one 420 and it is in really rough condition and you find one which is in much better condition at only 430...I'd say the $10 is well spent.....it's just a judgment call...but SHOP,SHOP,SHOP....as a private collector I'm always looking for the best price possible...and since paypal will return your money to you and charge the seller if there is an issue...I try to pay with them whenever possible in online purchases

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Wow, he just called me. The LGS didn't have what he was looking for any longer (got shipped out) but offered him $450 IF he bought a gun from them. He left empty handed and still has the M&P. He's not one for lying, either. At least not to me. I think he actually feels bad if I buy it and I don't really want it. I may let him trade it in if they give him that much. Sure hope he got it in writing.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The tan M&P pistols tend to command a premium over the standard black models.

Kind of like the OD Glock pistols command more than the standard black.

Also, if your buddy's pistol is the VTac edition...it'd be even higher cost.

If it's a standard factory M&P...then $450 offer from a shop is exceptional. It's worth noting, however, that the shop was offering him that much in trade value and not in cash. Big difference.

FTF sale between friends, $450 for a tan M&P that's only had 200rds down the pipe is still an right decent deal. It's an exceptional deal if it's the VTac model.

-J-

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Yep, that was a trade value only, not cash and carry. I haven't even heard of the VTac. I will look into it. Doubt it, though. Too bad it isn't an OD Glock. Then I would be happy.

No VTac.

bccorvette

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Reddington
    The gun shop was taking trade value. Think of it like when you buy a car. They can offer more because they are showing him paying full retail. In reality they may only be giving him 350-400. They are just making the paperwork look good for the customer

Top Bottom