• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I plan to buy a NIB m&p9c before the weekend is up.

I've read many mixed reviews. I've heard the triggers called "gritty and unusable" and also heard good things. At GM, I handling a newer 9c which had excellent smooth pull with the stock trigger, I was impressed. I read online that after Oct 2010 they upgraded many trigger components. I'll be hunting for a new m&p9c with night sights and no thumb safety at the 1500 Sat. Any specifics to look for? Anyone else heard of these component upgrades? Any dealers who will be at the show and may be bringing one, feel free to pm me so I can find you at the show!!

Oh, and do the make an m&p9c pro? Or just m&p9 pro?

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    not sure about the pro series 9c, ive never heard of it or seen one. i own a 4.5in 9 pro and they also make a 9 pro with 5 inch barrel. go to the zx guns booth and find ryan stoy. they will take good care of you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've heard the triggers called "gritty and unusable" and also heard good things.

This can be somewhat subjective. Someone used to finely turned triggers might find them awful, while others may be less picky.

The trigger in my used M&P9 was gritty, but certainly not the worst handgun trigger I've tried.

Just the full-size, I believe.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    The trigger on my 9c, purchased new in June 2011, was noticeably gritty at first but has smoothed out a bit after several hundred rounds through it. It's nowhere near as smooth as my 4.25" 9 Pro, but then I never expected it to be.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    The pull is different on the M&P 40 between mag saftey and no mag saftey. I dont know if it's all the guns. I think it's like 6.5 no mag safe and 10 with .

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I plan to buy a NIB m&p9c before the weekend is up.

I've read many mixed reviews. I've heard the triggers called "gritty and unusable" and also heard good things. At GM, I handling a newer 9c which had excellent smooth pull with the stock trigger, I was impressed. I read online that after Oct 2010 they upgraded many trigger components. I'll be hunting for a new m&p9c with night sights and no thumb safety at the 1500 Sat. Any specifics to look for? Anyone else heard of these component upgrades? Any dealers who will be at the show and may be bringing one, feel free to pm me so I can find you at the show!!

If you can try dry firing a 9C and a 9 PRO.....the difference in the triggers is AMAZING. That is what I did....and that is why I bought the pro instead.

If S&W made a 9c PRO, I would be standing in line for one already......

tcs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    I too have never seen a 9c pro and I can't speak to the pro trigger I have heard they are much smoother than the regular trigger. Both my M&P9 and 9c were bought before Oct. 2010 and I'm not sure if they did change anything then. But mine were a bit gritty, I have heard they do smooth out, but I didn't wait for that I installed the Apex DCAEK in both of them, and I left out one of the springs, from the DCAEK and used the stock one (I believe the trigger return spring) and it resulted in a much smoother trigger IMO and just over a 4lb pull.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Imho, the stock trigger is fine. It's not amazing, but it's certainly not the worst trigger I've felt. Drop an Apex DCAEK in a 9c and the trigger will be better than the Pro models.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    When you get one and you don't like the trigger, buy this-
    http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246&products_id=1066

They have a whole kit, called a Duty/Carry kit-
    M&P 9/40/357 Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (DCAEK) [1814] - $89.95 : Welcome to Speed Shooter Specialties

Some find that just the addtion of the sear makes all the difference.

Others do the whole package. I have done the whole package, including the RAM-S&W M&P R.A.M. [1922] - $22.95 : Welcome to Speed Shooter Specialties

I can do the kit in about 30 minutes.

Find one without the internal lock or the mag safety.

If I can help you out in anyway, PM me.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Thanks for all the insight guys, I'll likely buy a new 9c and get a full apex kit. Only another month or so till my tirant. This should be a fun combo!

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I'm finding it listed on CTD for "i dot night sights" for $433.50 in stock. I see retail has gone down, but can I really expect to find a nice 9c with night sights under $500 at the 1500?

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I'm finding it listed on CTD for "i dot night sights" for $433.50 in stock. I see retail has gone down, but can I really expect to find a nice 9c with night sights under $500 at the 1500?

I found one booth that had one with night sights for $525 plus tax. I think PSS had the best deal on them. But, they didn't have any with night sights.

Top Bottom