• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What is everyone's take on this? Worth it to trade in the compact for the shield if its an EDC? I'm thinking about it honestly but want to see if others have any first hand about it.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Not if you can comfortably carry it. Just my opinion. As cool as the Shield is, it still has less rounds than the 9c so if the compact is working well for you as a EDC I would stick with it.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Agreed. My 9c was too thick for my liking and I generally carried owb with a cover garment, that's why I sold it to buy the shield. To me, I shoot as well with the shield as the 9c, but for the extra rounds, if you are comfortable with the 9c, stick with it.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Agreed. My 9c was too thick for my liking and I generally carried owb with a cover garment, that's why I sold it to buy the shield. To me, I shoot as well with the shield as the 9c, but for the extra rounds, if you are comfortable with the 9c, stick with it.

What he said...I sold my 9c for a shield because it was a bit thick for me.

gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm an IWB guy, and can carry in the winter comfortably and with virtually no printing. However, the summer months are different because I barely every wear jeans and I'm deff not wearing a jacket or second upper layer

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Not 9mm, but good enough.

Btw, any suggestions for summer carry woes?

I like the body guard, pocket carry it in shorts. I shoot it well, and so easy to carry. You will have no reservations about bringing it with you for every cookout. Only reservations I have is round count is 6+1. I shoot it well enough to feel comfortable about leaving the extra mag at home. I hit a 8x11 sheet of paper at 25 yards almost every time. It has better sights than the LCP. For summer carry, either of these will amaze in size and comfort.

eeadams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Fishers
    What he said...I sold my 9c for a shield because it was a bit thick for me.

I have a Kahr CW-9 for EDC and traded my M&P C for a PPQ because I could just never get comfortable with the M&P as an IWB carry. Now because the PPQ is my favorite gun ever, i have to get rid of the Kahr...the triggers are so completely different that I can't do it. I'm getting the shield for the small, hidden carry and the trigger is essentially the same as the Walther.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Keep the 9c for winter carry and get the shield for summer carry. I had a full size M&P but traded it for a 9c, carry that in winter, and have a beretta nano for summer carry(which is really nice by the way).

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I was debating the same thing pretty much. I think I've reached my decision but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've been appendix carrying an M&P40c IWB. That works fine in cooler months in jeans, but in the Summer in shorts and a t-shirt it's a little risky. I finally got to hold a Shield in my hands recently and put them side by side. While the differences in dimensions aren't huge on paper, to me the Shield seemed shorter in length and much narrower. I thought enough so that it would increase concealability and comfort. Another plus for me is that I've been looking to switch to 9mm so that goes in its favor as well. I'm just waiting on funds.

Top Bottom