• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I don't think there are any high wear parts on an AK/AKM. The AK was designed and built to have a minimum of 25,000 rounds fired before first part failure. Having any spare part guarantees you a firearm for your lifetime and that of the person who inherits it. :D

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I don't think there are any high wear parts on an AK/AKM. The AK was designed and built to have a minimum of 25,000 rounds fired before first part failure. Having any spare part guarantees you a firearm for your lifetime and that of the person who inherits it. :D

Now let's talk real world here.

OP, most likely if any parts fail they would be a firingpin or trigger group part. Luckily AK parts arent too expensive.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Now let's talk real world here.

OP, most likely if any parts fail they would be a firingpin or trigger group part. Luckily AK parts arent too expensive.

Tapco G2 trigger group about $30 , spare bolt (not entire BCG) about $45 and maybe a spare recoil spring about
    $ 15 .

I've never had anything else wear out or go bad .

Prices are approximate BEFORE the stupid began , don't know what they are now .

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    I recently purchased a mak-90 as my 1st AK and a parts kit to go with it. Are there any high wear parts that I should keep more than one spare of?

The only parts you'll end up replacing on a MAK is the neutered features thanks to the old crone.

Everything else will probably be tight for at least 20k rounds or more.

Top Bottom