• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And still no one is offering a better, more accurate term for the event than "mass shooting". The fact that there were multiple shooters doesn't change the description at all. The fact that they had whatever form of disagreement before the shooting started doesn't change the event at all. Even calling this a "gang war" wouldn't change the description of this event at all.

You and I can agree on all of that - but then, you and I aren't intentionally using the emotional charge of the term "mass shooting" to push a civilian disarmament political agenda, nor are you and I trying to manipulate coverage/newsworthiness of incidents to push other political agendas.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You and I can agree on all of that - but then, you and I aren't intentionally using the emotional charge of the term "mass shooting" to push a civilian disarmament political agenda, nor are you and I trying to manipulate coverage/newsworthiness of incidents to push other political agendas.

Thank you for saying that. Unfortunately, others have no problem with attacking my use of the term to clearly describe what happened.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Not BS. That was the implication of him referring to "real mass shootings" - which you then twisted into some sort of affront to the people shot/injured in this incident.

If I may presume to speak for OWGEM (at least, this is my inference of what OWGEM said), what differentiates this incident from a "real mass shooting" is that the people shot/injured were not the intended targets; they were merely collateral damage, caught in the crossfire of gang members attempting to shoot each other. Their intent was not to shoot the people in the crowd; their rivalry merely spilled over into a crowded, public area.

Yes, thank you. More clear than I would have said.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Certainly corporate greed, but white racism? That's not implied at all. What part of that discussion illustrates that? He is clear in stating that the perception is held by all, i.e. blacks value their own lives less than they do white people, and white people value black lives less than their own. That's not repackaging. There's no way one can say the cause is simply and solely black people "listening to crap." That's ridiculous.

Screen shot from the video:
    View attachment 43096

I guess we are just talking past each other. It is certainly obvious to me that you are completely missing my point because you keep bringing up things that I think are completely irrelevant to the point I am making. I really don't know how to make it any clearer.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Lets see, rap video shoot at city park, indigenous personnel, suspected gang and drug and or alcohol activity, gun violence.

What else is new?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Screen shot from the video:
    View attachment 43096

I guess we are just talking past each other. It is certainly obvious to me that you are completely missing my point because you keep bringing up things that I think are completely irrelevant to the point I am making. I really don't know how to make it any clearer.

You apparently ARE missing the point. The graphic you posted says nothing about white people, and I can tell you from experience, that black people can discriminate, be racist against, and prejudiced against other black people. Like the video implies, black people kill one another because they themselves see their lives as not being worth as much as others.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    You apparently ARE missing the point. The graphic you posted says nothing about white people, and I can tell you from experience, that black people can discriminate, be racist against, and prejudiced against other black people. Like the video implies, black people kill one another because they themselves see their lives as not being worth as much as others.

LOL! I wholeheartedly agree, and never said otherwise. The video and now, you, sound just like Rush Limbaugh. It simply had to be tied to racism and corporate greed before you were willing to listen, and then you act like it is a new revelation; that was the only point I was trying to make. Believe me, we conservatives are often equally blind until something is said in the way that we can understand it.

The Righteous Mind

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    There's a reason for that. I was directed to this by a white friend, and was initially somewhat offended looking at the title, but it made so much sense it's scary.]

To me that video is more disgusting , liberal garbage .

After all 19 &1/2 minutes , the message I hear is " it's still the white man's fault " .

That joker didn't say one damned word about personal responsibility or the individual's choice to pick up a weapon and make another choice to kill with it .

In today's America everybody is as " free " as they're going to get , everyone makes individual choices that affect their lives .

I don't doubt that music influences behavior but in the end , it's still about personal responsibility and personal decisions .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To me that video is more disgusting , liberal garbage .

After all 19 &1/2 minutes , the message I hear is " it's still the white man's fault " .

That joker didn't say one damned word about personal responsibility or the individual's choice to pick up a weapon and make another choice to kill with it .

In today's America everybody is as " free " as they're going to get , everyone makes individual choices that affect their lives .

I don't doubt that music influences behavior but in the end , it's still about personal responsibility and personal decisions .

Maybe you just have a guilty conscience. No worries bro, no one is faulting you.
    Feel free to cite SPECIFICALLY what you disagree with.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Maybe you just have a guilty conscience. No worries bro, no one is faulting you.
    Feel free to cite SPECIFICALLY what you disagree with.

Being of Irish and Italian decent , I have no guilty conscience about racial issues because " my people " were slaves also and as far back as I can tell never owned any slaves .

All of it .

IMO if you accept his premise , than you have to accept that black folks can't think for themselves which is BS .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Being of Irish and Italian decent , I have no guilty conscience about racial issues because " my people " were slaves also and as far back as I can tell never owned any slaves .

All of it .

IMO if you accept his premise , than you have to accept that black folks can't think for themselves which is BS .

What does owning slaves have to do with this? And no, you don't have to accept his premise and believe blacks can't think for themselves, it EVERYBODY can't think for themselves.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have written three or four posts and canceled them all.

Blacks can not be racist because they don't have the power to do harm to white people. That is the party line anyway.

Black lives matter. That is what I hear anyway. It seems that the police are at war with bright young black men, killing them with impunity.

It is interesting that black lives don't seem to matter when blacks kill blacks.

It is distressing that black lives don't seem to matter when black mothers visit genocidal Planned Parenthood centers at a rate of 750,000 a year, that's Three quarters of a million.

Conclusion: Black lives don't REALLY matter unless a cop is doing the killing.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have written three or four posts and canceled them all.

Blacks can not be racist because they don't have the power to do harm to white people. That is the party line anyway.

Black lives matter. That is what I hear anyway. It seems that the police are at war with bright young black men, killing them with impunity.

It is interesting that black lives don't seem to matter when blacks kill blacks.

It is distressing that black lives don't seem to matter when black mothers visit genocidal Planned Parenthood centers at a rate of 750,000 a year, that's Three quarters of a million.

Conclusion: Black lives don't REALLY matter unless a cop is doing the killing.

Stop it! No one like facts...

Top Bottom