• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    Does anyone have any experience with the metro arms 1911, its a 45 auto american classic. Looking at trading my 12 gauge remington express magnum for it. wondering if they shoot well and do they shoot cheaper bullets for target practice. im getting it with intentions of making it my primary carry gun.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have an American Classic 1911. It is a pretty decent entry level 1911. Actually shoots pretty well and I have not had any ftf or fte with roughly 500 rounds down pipe. No I don't shoot it often, but it is a decent gun. I use Federal ammo (Walmart) 45 and it shoots it well.

Carry weapon? That is up to you, it has fired every time thus far for me but YMMV.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have the commander in blue, and the government in hard chrome (acII)

Both function flawlessly and are accurate as all get out. Just remember the ACT mags they come with are garbage. Mine functions perfect with chip mccormick and wilson 47d mags.

I prefer the hard chrome finish, but the blue seems to be very well done (except on the mainspring housing)

nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    thanks guys made the trade and am extremely happy with it. it did come with an extra chrome mag and i got about 200 rds of ammo. shot 100 through flawlessly

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I also would like to tell you that the MSRP on these has been steadily on the rise as of late. The price on buds is already a hundred more than it was when I bought both of mine. :-)

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have one, it shoots good and so far feeds well. The one I have could use a thiner set of grips, but other than that it's fine for the price.

Dave

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I figure sooner or later I will run across a cheap set of Walnut or maybe plastic take off grips and I can replace those thick ones, but no big deal, my grandson shoots it mostly at the range.

Dave

Top Bottom