• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Doctors are raising concerns about U.S. troops being over-prescribed psychotropic drugs. Troops are being regularly prescribed heavy drugs like antidepressants, antipsychotics, sedative hypnotics, and other controlled substances. 20% of the troops surveyed are being medicated. These medications are implicated in suicidal & homicidal tendencies. There have even been soldiers dying in their sleep due to the medicines they were put on.

Military's drug policy threatens troops' health, doctors say

Concerns Raised About Combat Troops Using Psychotropic Drugs

Doping Up the Troops

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    More suicides than combat deaths

I found something else that may be relevant to the OP. The last 2 years in a row, there were more troop suicides than there were combat deaths. Many of them never left American soil.

This is truly a tragedy.
    icon9.gif

More U.S. Soldiers Killed Themselves Than Died in Combat in 2010

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Rambone ,
    I think I have read just about every thread you have written in the last 6 months, some of them enlighten me , some inflame me , but that is life

I know that you will more than likely tear me me a new ahole on this but here goes.

I believe that the real problem with our boys started about twenty years ago with what I will call the PUSSIFICATION of American Males. AHHHH someone is picking on you , lets give you some meds . etc. etc. etc. If we would start raising our young males to be what they are suppose be this problem would not be what it is today . I am not a wordsmith , just an older fat Bama boy with a little bit of common sense .. Please shread away

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I believe that the real problem with our boys started about twenty years ago with what I will call the PUSSIFICATION of American Males. AHHHH someone is picking on you , lets give you some meds . etc. etc. etc. If we would start raising our young males to be what they are suppose be this problem would not be what it is today . I am not a wordsmith , just an older fat Bama boy with a little bit of common sense .. Please shread away

I'm not going to shred you -- I agree with you, that there is way, way too much jumping to medicines to fix problems. Many of these drugs have profound negative effects. The drugs are rarely implicated when the patient actually acts on the violent impulses they are feeling (or amplifying) due to the meds.

1 in 5 soldiers are on daily prescription psych meds! :n00b:

Top Bottom