• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Fwiw. Colt did ARs in .222 also. Wasnt just Minis.............................

Saw one of those in the "gun library" at the Cabelas in Sidney, Nebraska. Supposedly made for the Italian civilian market because they weren't allowed to own a gun chambered in a round used by the military. It was marked "AR-15 A2 Cal. .222 SPORTER II". IIRC, they wanted $2600 for it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Never thought the mini 14 made sense, but I've always been more of a .30 cal thumper myself. Love the mini 30. It's one of my favorite rifles to shoot. The only downside is that I try to be a nice guy at the range, and it absolutely covers whoever is 1-3 lanes to my right with hot brass. So I can only shoot it at an empty range.
    Accuracy is about what you'd expect. 2-3 moa.

Mini 14 is one of those guns that I always wanted when I was younger, but never could justify it. A few years ago, I saw Hickok45's Mini 14 video and that was it; I went out and got one. I like to shoot it, but it does sling brass into the next county. I shoot at a public range, but I try to get there early enough to get the last lane on the end, so the brass all ends up in a pile on the side of the berm.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Mini 14 is one of those guns that I always wanted when I was younger, but never could justify it. A few years ago, I saw Hickok45's Mini 14 video and that was it; I went out and got one. I like to shoot it, but it does sling brass into the next county. I shoot at a public range, but I try to get there early enough to get the last lane on the end, so the brass all ends up in a pile on the side of the berm.

Dude those thing spit brass like Ron Jeremys ex girlfriends!!

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    a few months ago, a guy came in with a whole bunch of stuff for us to consign, including a mini 14 in a muzzle lite bullpup stock, as im going thru the rest of his stuff, I find a "a team" folding stock!...I turn and look at the gun shop owner and said "before you sell this stock, let me know the price!"...he ended up putting the stock back on the mini 14, and selling it for 900!...I was looking on gun broker and the stock sells for anywhere from 7-9 hundred!...JUST the stock!

I guess i'll just have to miss targets with my butler creek folding stock (ala the ateam!)

Samson is supposed to come out with a factory looking folder, I’ve seen pics online. I imagine they’ll hit the streets sometime next year. When that happens I’m buying a mini, I had one in the early 90’s when I was just getting into firearms. It wasn’t the most accurate thing but it was plenty fun to shoot, I eventually got rid of it. I’m keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a used one. I won’t pay the current price for a new one, not worth it...

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I've been away a few days, so I missed this, but this is one of those things I like about INGO.

Dude comes along with a chip on his shoulder, complains about someone referring him to the manufacturer for his firearm question, attacks other users and goes away with his feelings hurt.

Meanwhile, the thread started with ulterior motives evolves into a trip down memory lane with the A-team.

Thanks guys!

Frankly, I've always been partial to the mini-30 myself. I was always afraid that a mini-14 wouldn't be able to shoot through a 55 gal steel drum or corrugated sheet metal.

Top Bottom