• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    For those of you deer hunters that haven't seen my house renovation thread, I found this jewel in my new side yard.
    I closed on this property two days ago.
    Archery season begins in two weeks and I have 3.5 acres in the middle of nowhere that evidently has big deer at least visiting. IMG_20230916_073255547.jpg IMG_20230916_073240745.jpg
    Found this 30 yards off my new front porch!
    Guess who's excited?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I wanted to have people come into the bathroom the other morning.
    I should have broken out the tape measure and the phone to captured it for social media consumption.

truthfully that sign is great. My homestead deer come in pre light in the am and just before dusk like all deer seem to. I have been trying since early spring to keep them out of the garden and this year the dogs, (walking the chow on the perimeter ) motion lights and sound, some small line from fence posts with ribbons, and so far the have been leaving the area alone.

does your place have an entrance exit trail ? Most likey at a fence line near a small dip/ditch in The terrain there will be an entrance exit trail. Hopefully with a little cover at that spot. Set you up a stand there you can hunt that spot for years. make it near home like since it is so close and hunt it all the time.

You might want to install a few persimmon trees if you like the bow hunt time or apples of the late maturity dates if you like the gun. Turnips and sweet beets also seem to be later season attractors. Since it is a homestead if they don’t eat them you can all winter long. Just don’t put in a feeder

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    For those of you deer hunters that haven't seen my house renovation thread, I found this jewel in my new side yard.
    I closed on this property two days ago.
    Archery season begins in two weeks and I have 3.5 acres in the middle of nowhere that evidently has big deer at least visiting. View attachment 299907 View attachment 299908
    Found this 30 yards off my new front porch!
    Guess who's excited?
    So your neighbor pooped in your yard. Big deal. :evilangel:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't mean to take away from this great :poop::poop::poop:y topic of conversation here, but I've been seeing similar droppings on the way to my mailbox.

We certainly don't have any giants here. 4-5-6 bucks running around here, along with some does and spotted yearlings. Nothing of noticably large size or age.

Guess I need to get out my own tape measure to gage? What do we interpret the rough measurements are of the droppings pictured? 1 3/4" X 3" ?

:)

Top Bottom