• More or Less Liberty?

• Total voters

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Since no government ever makes a law saying "keep things the same," our two options regarding new laws are typically "more Liberty" or "less Liberty" by the time you boil it down to the nuts and bolts.

So, which would you rather have? More Liberty, or Less?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Since no government ever makes a law saying "keep things the same," our two options regarding new laws are typically "more Liberty" or "less Liberty" by the time you boil it down to the nuts and bolts.

So, which would you rather have? More Liberty, or Less?

What is more liberty? Is more liberty equal to less taxes, less laws, less government intervention? If so then how much less taxes? What laws do you get rid of? What intervention do you want to get rid of?

Its easy to post away on an internet board about the evil government and thug police as some say but what do you suggest to fix it? What things would make it better for EVERYONE and not just yourself? What should others sacrifice so that your liberty is increased and what will you sacrifice to increase their liberty?

BTW, your poll is about as clear as Obama's state of the union address.

bighop1

Plinker
    Rating - 98.8%
    79   1   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    i believe we need to preserve all the liberty and freedom we have it is too quickly being usurped.not that i am advocating this but when i was a child my father could drive down the road drinking a beer without a seat belt on slowly our rights have been eroded. now this is my 50th post how bout some frivolous congratulatory reps.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    i believe we need to preserve all the liberty and freedom we have it is too quickly being usurped.not that i am advocating this but when i was a child my father could drive down the road drinking a beer without a seat belt on slowly our rights have been eroded. now this is my 50th post how bout some frivolous congratulatory reps.

Positive or negative?

You're on the "you get rep because you deserve it" part of the board. Go to the breeak room for the post whore threads.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What is more liberty? Is more liberty equal to less taxes, less laws, less government intervention? If so then how much less taxes? What laws do you get rid of? What intervention do you want to get rid of?

Its easy to post away on an internet board about the evil government and thug police as some say but what do you suggest to fix it? What things would make it better for EVERYONE and not just yourself? What should others sacrifice so that your liberty is increased and what will you sacrifice to increase their liberty?

BTW, your poll is about as clear as Obama's state of the union address.

More is more, it is the incremental sum greater than zero.

Yes, less taxes, less laws, less regulation and intervention. How much less? Unless I'm hurting someone or depriving them of property, the government should stay out of it.

Sacrifice means giving up something you love for something you love more.

Thre is no sacrifice in ridding yourself of tyranny.

Now, I would not mind at all paying for services, if that is what you mean by sacrifice. Just not government run services. ;) And obviously some government is necessary to preserve the Liberty of the individual. The role of government is to act as mediator in disputes, and to arrest and prosecute those would deprive another of Life, Liberty, or Property.

bighop1

Plinker
    Rating - 98.8%
    79   1   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    i dont think my point was all that hard to understand we are losing our rights i have to believe that should be construed as a negative unless you are a king or a dictator.but you sure know how to spoil fun on my fifty congrats lol.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    More is more, it is the incremental sum greater than zero.

Yes, less taxes, less laws, less regulation and intervention. How much less? Unless I'm hurting someone or depriving them of property, the government should stay out of it.

Sacrifice means giving up something you love for something you love more.

Thre is no sacrifice in ridding yourself of tyranny.

Now, I would not mind at all paying for services, if that is what you mean by sacrifice. Just not government run services. ;) And obviously some government is necessary to preserve the Liberty of the individual. The role of government is to act as mediator in disputes, and to arrest and prosecute those would deprive another of Life, Liberty, or Property.

Ok...I see what you are saying and that is why I asked the questions to see what you are getting at. All to often on here I see someone say..."I want to be free and my money is my money" or "the founding fathers said this" which is a perfectly fine point of view. However, those same people still want paved roads, city trash pickup, police/fire protection, and various other personal "needs." I usually roll my eyes as the founding fathers pooped in out houses and either walked or rode a horse to town instead of driving their Yukon Denali and going number two in a nice porcelain bowl.

I love the idea of liberty but at the same time love the idea of having a road to drive on and fire department to save my house if it catches on fire. Also, I firmly believe that we live in one of the best parts of the country and don't have to deal with poor food quality, no water, and extreme weather issues. Now, if you have to depend on somewhere else for water hate the heat then don't live in Arizona but if you want to live somewhere that has more needs then others then you must give up some liberty to get the items you need. Its the ultimate catch 22

Top Bottom