• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone have any experience with one of these? Good bad or otherwise please share. Looking to get a semi auto shotgun and this one seems more in my budget than a 1301 or M4.

Second thing, does anyone know where I can find one in stock to handle?

Thanks!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have and it's not what I want. I want chokes, I like my shotguns to be versatile that's why I wanted a 1301 too, same ugly proprietary plastic mag tube extension they put on the 1301 tactical that can't be changed, the 940 has direct to receiver optic mount. Other than those nit picks it seems like a nice shotgun

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I looked for 1301 or a 940 and couldn’t find either anywhere. I stumbled across a 930 Tactical at a good buy and picked it up. I like the fit and feel of it and it shoulders well for me. The 18.5” barrel points well and is easy to maneuver around the house. This one only had a bead front sight so I ordered an XS Big Dot front night sight for it and it works great day or night. I’m not a fan of Ghost Ring sights anyway. I also added a red anodized extended thumb safety that gives me a bit more purchase when using it. Next will be a barrel clamp with QD sling socket and a sling.
    I’ve only had it out once but it fed and fired a variety of bird shot, Buck shot and slugs without issue, although the slugs certainly let you know they were fired! It didn’t kick as bad as the Beretta 1201 I had back in the day!
    I really wanted a 1301 in the beginning but they were unobtainium and for the price difference I think this 930 will work ok for my needs. Im not planning on firing thousands of rounds from it so hopefully wear and tear will be minimal.
    Having said all that I’m keeping an eye out for an A300 Patrol. It’s more of a want sorta thing verses I don’t think the 930 is good enough but for now I’m satisfied.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have and it's not what I want. I want chokes, I like my shotguns to be versatile that's why I wanted a 1301 too, same ugly proprietary plastic mag tube extension they put on the 1301 tactical that can't be changed, the 940 has direct to receiver optic mount. Other than those nit picks it seems like a nice shotgun

I did not realize the A300 did not have interchangeable chokes, kind of an odd decision on Berettas part IMHO. That being said for most a modified choke is fine for pretty much everything especially since it's just an 19~ inch non sporting gun.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah I thought it was odd too. But I can't find anything that says it uses chokes. The 1301 lists Optima chokes but the A300 only lists MC. So I'm assuming fixed modified. Your not wrong in saying that fixed modified would be fine for 90% of what a shotgun can do. But IMHO a shotgun is a versatile tool not just a defensive one and not using a choke system limits that versatility. I'm not into trap or skeet but if I only have my shotgun I want it as versatile as possible. I may need to shoot a duck with my tactical shotgun. :dunno: who knows.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I see a couple sites that say the Beretta barrel is 19.1 inches with mobile flush mount choke, but it's hard to find definitive proof.

Here are two screen shots from Youtube. One is from the booth at Shot Show and the other is a review of the Patrol. Neither video mentions the choke tube, but the barrels clearly have choke tubes screwed in...

ultra1.jpg

ultra2.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Just a guess but I'd bet it is listed as MC only because it only comes with a modified choke not because it doesn't accept other chokes.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I did a brief search and couldn’t find any info on the chokes other than the MC listed. I’d be interested to find out as well.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It certainly looks like it's choked I don't disagree. But it's just odd as to why Beretta would word them differently.

1301: note Removable OCHP
    Screenshot_20230314_143157_Chrome.jpg

A300: note only lists MC
    Screenshot_20230314_143221_Chrome.jpg

These are screen shots straight from Beretta.com

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It certainly looks like it's choked I don't disagree. But it's just odd as to why Beretta would word them differently.

1301: note Removable OCHP
    View attachment 262619

A300: note only lists MC
    View attachment 262620

These are screen shots straight from Beretta.com
    I can confirm that the A300 Patrol can use choke tubes. It comes with one tube and a wrench. I just picked one up.

Top Bottom