• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I have a pistol grip mossy 500 with a gold bead front sight.

The receiver is tapped with a few holes from the factory, but I cant seem to find many iron sight options on the webz

A pistol grip folding stock may also be in the cards.

Whatcha all using?

Johnny C

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    butler creek makes nice folding stocks
    about the sights I would just leave them alone unless you plan on shooting a lot of slugs through the barrel

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    There is a Ghost Ring kit available from Mossberg but its not real cheap. It looks cool but i'm not sure if it would be compatible with a top-fold stock or not. Tru-Glo has a nice set of high viz sights as well. I just have my front bead and it works good enough for me. If you are planning to use a lot of slugs I would go with a rifled barrel and being as they usually come with sights anyways your problem would be solved.

heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I kind of in the same boat. I want to put some sort of night sight bead on mine but having a hard time finding one. I will let you know if I find one.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I asked the same question, and this is what I came up with.

0603111350a.jpg

Deluxe Heatshield with Ghost Ring Sights

They are actually excellent sights. Very accurate, Have never had a problem shooting at the 25 or 50 yard ranges.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Definitely not the cheapest route, but here is mine. Personally I like the Blackhawk top folding stock. They make one with "recoil reducing" springs.

Shotty1.jpg

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Well mine has the factory heat shield. I tried one of those heatshields with the built in sights, and it was junk.
    I am looking for something that will bolt down to the factory holes in the receiver.
    The front bead unscrews, so there should be something that will attach there.

I suppose if I could find a rail that would attach to the factory holes in the receiver, I could go with one of the mini red dots...these eyes arent getting any better.

Johnny C

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've bought the Mossberg ghost ring kit before, and installation kind of sucks because you have to weld / braise / or solder on the front sight. I also added a Meprolight sight in mine.

On my other Mossberg, I simply added a Tritium bead, and like it just as well.

Another option would be to add a weaver mount and red dot.

I wouldn't suggest the heat shield combo things. Most are pretty junky and made of polymer.

Top Bottom