• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I have both a M&P 9c and Glock 19. I know oranges and tangerines -kinda of similar but not exactly. I just shoot the 19 better. My buddy shoots his M&P better. No reason to hate -just shoot what works for you.

Just my :twocents:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well lets see here. I went from 686, to a High Power, to a Glock, (Sig, on duty, but I hated it so much, I carried the Glock the rest of the time), to an M&P, and recently back to a Glock. Of course these aren't the only handguns I have owned, but the ones that I actually carried daily during the time period of each.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    M&P is OK but to make the trigger acceptable for me is a $200 endeavor. I had a 45 Compact for a while but it didn't last long and I never looked back. I can make a Glock trigger that is almost too light for my liking and it doesn't cost a fortune to do it. In the end the Glock just does it for me and the S&W didn't.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I personally started with a Glock, switched to an XDm 4.5 for a few months and ended up coming back to a Glock. I know this seems like a strange reason to push me away from a platform but it was the fact that Glock parts are so abundant and they have so much aftermarket for them. FWIW, I did have a few FTF with the XDm (over about 2k rounds I might add) and I think that is also what got my mind working..

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    The Glock is just a flat ugly gun. I switched to SA xd, then back to Glock. Went to M&P and could not get over how bad the trigger was so I got a different M&P. Same trigger. I really like the way the gun feels in hand but I didnt want to spend $200 more on a trigger job. So I am back to my ugly old Glocks and the collection is growing. I am not saying the M&P is a bad gun but I highly prefer the out of the box trigger on the Glock. A little .25 job here and a .50 job there and the Glock just works for me. After learning stippling and grip reduction I can taylor my glocks to fit me like a glove. I hate to say it but I will probably always have a glock with me from here on out.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    So, if you buy one brand of car, that is a "lemon", you NEVER try that brand of car again ?????

Absolutely. You can only make a first impression once and the M&P is pretty much dead in my eyes. I'd like to mirror what has already been said, the trigger on the M&P is pretty horrible and (on the one I got) the sights were not installed correctly. I sent it back to S&W and they said everything was fine and that left me a little cheesed off. I didn't want to have to spend over $300 to fix what they botched so I sold it on got on the Glock bandwagon and I don't think I'll be getting off any time soon. Glock parts are abundant and less expensive than M&P parts and that's a big draw for me. I don't think the M&P is a bad design, many people love the ease of changing out the grips and how good it feels in hand, I did like that part of the M&P. However, the M&P just didn't work for me, if it works for you great, but it just isn't for me. :twocents:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    So, if you buy one brand of car, that is a "lemon", you NEVER try that brand of car again ?????

Abso-freakin-lutely! You'll NEVER see a Ford in my driveway again.

I tend to watch what a lot of competative shooters use in the BrianEnos forums. Glock has been the main gun used in Production class for years. I've seen several folks switch over the last few years, doing like many and swapping out the internals for Apex parts.

Why do I care what competative shooters use? Because they generally put more rounds down range in practice and competition than most. They have to know there gun is going to work, or it costs them in time and points.

Some switch to the M&P and love it. Others switch, find it wasn't to their liking, and go back to their Glocks. Others think about it and don't think it's worth the hassle to replace all their gear and try to find mags. Even more don't like having to swap out so much to get the trigger to feel and reset like the Glocks.

I think those that start with an M&P like them more, because they don't compair everything they do to their previous gun.

I like Glocks, but I personally don't think I'd do better or worse if I shot a match with a Glock34/M&P Pro/XDm 5.25

While Hickman's whole post is accurate, what is in bold has been my reason for sticking with Glock. I don't want to have to buy another set of holsters, mags, night sights, etc. My setup isn't broken, so no need to fix it.

I don't necessarily prefer one over the other, can't go wrong with either one. I just can't see the need FOR ME to switch.

After saying all that......my Kimber Ultra Carry is what's with me more anyway.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Just shoot what feels better for you. I agree that stock Glock triggers are better than stock M&P triggers. Don't feel like you have to spend $200 on an M&P trigger job. Just start with the Apex Hard Sear for $39 and you'll be very impressed.

I switched from a G19 to an M&P because the M&P fit my hand much better and felt natural. And I shot it with much more accuracy.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I will also add that I did dry fire a fellow INGO member's m&p that had an amazing trigger job done to it that took care of the trigger problem, but I still just did not like the feel of the gun in my hand at all.
    I had the large backstrap in it. Next time I'll bring along the med and small size backstraps and convert you on the spot.

There is still hope for you my friend, although time is running out. :):

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P9C for my wife. I ended up carrying it more than her when I wanted something smaller than my Glock 21SF. While carrying the MP, twice I had an issue with the magazine falling out in public. Very embarrassing and noticed that the magazine release was light. Sold it and used my GSSF certificate and bought the Glock 30SF.
    I really like and respect the Smith and Wesson M&P and would buy another. But I know my Glock inside and out after attending a Glock Armorer Class, so I will stick with it.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P9C for my wife. I ended up carrying it more than her when I wanted something smaller than my Glock 21SF. While carrying the MP, twice I had an issue with the magazine falling out in public. Very embarrassing and noticed that the magazine release was light. Sold it and used my GSSF certificate and bought the Glock 30SF.
    I really like and respect the Smith and Wesson M&P and would buy another. But I know my Glock inside and out after attending a Glock Armorer Class, so I will stick with it.

What kind of holster were you using?

I have carried a M&P9 fullsize, almost every day, for over a year and 1/2 and never had that happen.

deciple

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    My first gun was a Kimber chambered in 10mm, loved the round but it felt like a brick. So I put it in the safe and went to buy a Glock 20. Felt great and loved the gun, before I knew it within a year I had the 17, 27, and 29 to go along with it. I was never totally sold on glocks grip, I just never really cared for it, so I went and looked at the m&p9 and ended up buying it. Thought the grip was amazing and the pistol actually looked somewhat nice. After spending some money to get the trigger the way I wanted, it became the perfect shooter for me. I still love my glocks, but for some reason I just can't pick them over my mp.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    My first gun was a Kimber chambered in 10mm, loved the round but it felt like a brick. So I put it in the safe and went to buy a Glock 20. Felt great and loved the gun, before I knew it within a year I had the 17, 27, and 29 to go along with it. I was never totally sold on glocks grip, I just never really cared for it, so I went and looked at the m&p9 and ended up buying it. Thought the grip was amazing and the pistol actually looked somewhat nice. After spending some money to get the trigger the way I wanted, it became the perfect shooter for me. I still love my glocks, but for some reason I just can't pick them over my mp.

A 1911 felt like a brick???

Top Bottom