• ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Disappering Moving Target scoring clarification

Hi fellow shooters. Just wanted to clarify about scoring for disappearing targets. Yesterday at SCGC, a few shooters and the RO said that you have to engage the disappearing target AFTER activating it. I mentioned that it is not the case. Here is the ruling:

moving_target.jpg

So based on this, you have to activate the moving target but you are NOT penalized for not engaging it nor for missing it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spoke to the other shooter and the RO about it. The RO admitted that he could be wrong as we were going to the other stage. Just had to post this for easy reference and for search purposes.

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Title edited.

In other words, the shooter have to activate the target but does NOT have to engage a disappearing target.

Last edited:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I was not aware of this yesterday. The turner target was activated by the PP and did not have to be engaged. Whom ever told you you had to engage it was WRONG. Max

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hi fellow shooters. Just wanted to clarify about scoring for disappearing targets. Yesterday at SCGC, a few shooters and the RO said that you have to engage the disappearing target AFTER activating it. I mentioned that it is not the case. .

No chance that they meant "if you are going to engage the target you have to activate it first" ?
    Don't know if it was one of those deals where you could hit the target from its set position at some other point on the course.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    No chance that they meant "if you are going to engage the target you have to activate it first" ?
    Don't know if it was one of those deals where you could hit the target from its set position at some other point on the course.

No. It was after being activated that they said you have to engage it (since the disappearing target was attached to the PP where the other moving target was also attached). That's where I chipped in saying that it's not the case based on my last match (haven't read the rule book at that time). I didn't have the rulebook on my phone pulled at that time was the squad as on the last shooter when the discussion was started. I doubt that anybody cared at that time (I didn't) since it was near the end of the match and everyone was tired.

Had to post this as an easy reference and for searching purposes.

Last edited:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If its truly a disappearing target, then you don't have to engage it. You just don't get the potential points you could have if you shot it though. Some stages are worth leaving, others aren't.

Top Bottom