• ...and so much more!
  • -Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    My 870 Police shipped out today! EDIT: Pics inside

This thing is all the tacti-cool one needs. Guns are no different than cars, watches, etc to me. I like them to be classy, timeless, and functional.

She's an 870 Police Magnum 24899. Walnut furniture and high-polished blued steel. Identical to the ones in the thread below. I was chatting with my dad about his 870s while home for the holiday, and I mentioned that I wanted to get one of these while a few shops still had them NIB. These are getting very hard to come by. Later that night, he told me to order one as my Christmas present for the next few years. Two days later, the day before I ordered it, he called me and told me to order two of 'em. Hahaha.

Shotgunworld.com • View topic - New 870 Police model coming in July 2010 - blued w/walnut

Ed's Public Safety, who has fantastic customer service so far, now only has three of these remaining. Production ended on the blued model in 2010, and Remington has said they have no plans to build more.

It might eventually get a Choate extension (no clamp to scratch the barrel), a new follower, a big safety for easier manipulation, and a newer supercell recoil pad. Other than that, I'm just going to keep her clean and run a crapload of shells through it. :ar15:

Will get pics when I pick them up. Ed's shipped 'em overnight for me, so it may even be tomorrow. Man, I love the feeling of getting a new gun.

Edit: She's here and all clean.

8232291545_c122d9acb3_b.jpg

8232288649_16f8f77cfc_b.jpg

8233348288_64b2f94d8a_b.jpg

Last edited:

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    Gun arrived yesterday. Cleaned it up and snapped some pics, which were added to OP. Now, off to ITP to put some slugs through it!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sweet! I'm trying to find a police walnut stock set for my supermag. That plain wood just looks too cool :)

I had an older Police Magnum (2 3/4" bbl though- 20" RS) with walnut but it had a buttplate, not pad. I want the new style like you have.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Sweet! I'm trying to find a police walnut stock set for my supermag. That plain wood just looks too cool :)

I had an older Police Magnum (2 3/4" bbl though- 20" RS) with walnut but it had a buttplate, not pad. I want the new style like you have.

Keep an eye out on eBay. I bought a brand new walnut set a few months ago for a future 870 project.

JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back. I've been on the hunt for one around Evansville with no luck. I'm considering ordering one but I'd rather not pay all the extra shipping and transfer costs.

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back. I've been on the hunt for one around Evansville with no luck. I'm considering ordering one but I'd rather not pay all the extra shipping and transfer costs.

It's actually a Christmas gift from my parents, but it cost right at 5 bills. Overnight shipping was $30. ITP transferred two guns for me for $25 total. Since they cut me a deal without my asking, I bought a range pass. Overall, it was a great experience through and through.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wasn't aware that shotguns were available with wood stocks. Is this something new? ...And what is this thing called "blueing"?

That's a nice shotgun. Finally, a gun with more aesthetic appeal than a tire iron.

Top Bottom