• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Recently I had the opportunity to shoot my first Ruger 10/22 and I was quite impressed. Just a fun, fun, shooter. I've heard and seen them around for years but never had any intrest until after I shot one.

We'll yesterday I set out to not only find me a 10/22 but make it the way I would want.

I stopped in at BGF and they made that wish come true.

We started out with a simple Ruger 10/22 with wood stock and a Stainless upper and barrel - similar to this pick

0073667601149_500X500.jpg

So once we had our rifle to start with we then took it apart to do some work on it.

We replaced the wood stock with a Hogue stock.
    We replaced the stainless barrel with a Tactical Solutions threaded barrel.
    We replaced the mag release with an extended release.
    I replaced the bolt stop pin with a Buffer Technologies pin to make it super quiet.
    We did a "bolt" job to the receiver.
    Added the compensator to the barrel for when I'm not shooting suppressed.

Once we put it all together it came out like this:

DSC_0009-1.jpg

I'm still searching for a scope for it, may use one I have for now, and plan to take it to the Hush shoot this weekend to try it out.

I must say I did none of the work, BGF did all the work for me while I just browsed. Thanks to them.

Last edited:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    never been to an appleseed is there many optics?
    There are no limitations other than .30 cal or less (no .50 BMG's :) ) Some guys like to use iron sights, but there are a fair amount of scopes also. A GI sling is "almost" required, as our course of instruction leans heavily on its use (get 1-1/4" sling mounts, not the 1"). appleseedusa.org. Come for the marksmanship....stay for the history!

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I took my new toy out to the Hush shoot yesterday and tried it with my Tac65 suppressor and was supper happy with it. It ran terrific with no feed issues for 100 rounds. I was using the standard mag and the new BX mags from Ruger and was just beautiful. No pics yet as I did'nt take the time to put up a target or zero it but that will be soon enough. Great gun I should have got one of these much sooner.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom