My first Pistol Caliber Carbine (Pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Well I just got my first Pistol Caliber Carbine and it isn't no Camp Rifle, Sub2k, or Hi Point. It is a HK94, the real deal. I got it from a friend of mine who has had it a long time and when he got he put 20 rounds through it and locked it away until recently when he sold his HK collection minus 1 that he had a duplicate for which is the 94. I love sub guns and pistol caliber carbines. I paid $3k for the rifle, the Surefire 628 (not an LED . . . . . . yet), 16 mags, 3 point sling, and the standard handguard but hey its a real H&K.

My friend has recently been diagnosed with brain cancer so I had to pick it up as fast as I could or risk losing my once in a life time chance. I fought lay offs, then job loss, and other burdens but much to my friends surprise I never lost my priority of obtaining the gun, often times doing odd jobs and generally working hard to earn it as I should. I finally earned it and what a sweet victory it is. Date code is IF (1985). I took it to the range as soon as I could taking 300 rounds of 9mm with me. I didn't intend on shooting it that much but as soon as I squeezed the trigger I couldn't put it down. I put 250 rounds through it that day and the rest were fired from my Beretta to practice my DA first shot. If I could compare it to anything, its like shooting a Ruger 10/22. So sweet to shoot and pretty accurate as well (sorry I didn't take a pic of the target but it was torn apart).

A few of the mags could use a little love after sitting in a foam case for 20 years, so I intend on reblueing them at some point. The 3 point sling I guess is sorta rare from what he told me but I have no idea. It wasn't as harsh on brass as most of the other HKs I've fired. It still had the fluting marks but didn't dent the hell out of the brass or try to even rip the rim off. Hell I'd even call most of it re-loadable. I was planning on converting this rifle to a MP5 but I have decided against it. Not many unmolested HK94s exist anymore with many being converted to FA and many others SBR'd. I have one problem though, What handgun matches this as a companion? Perhaps go old school and get a H&K P7 or a new school H&K USP SD 9, Perhaps I could go SAS and just use my Hi Power. Either way this evil black rifle is awesome.

M3gBzyBh.jpg

MY3Lvs8h.jpg

xaYtz1zh.jpg

yhQeorVh.jpg

t248gfxh.jpg

JGFAIUSh.jpg

E1CaqsSh.jpg

KkmABpuh.jpg

Mm4MAOvh.jpg

fycWYfLh.jpg

dS0UE8Nh.jpg

yvnTzx2h.jpg