• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    On wednesday I purchased/started paperwork on my first suppressor. I bought a Huntertown Arms guardian from Matt at Front To Enemy. Awesome guy to deal with, made the paperwork process very easy. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for class III stuff in NW Indiana. I took the fingerprint cards and my forms to the Porter County sheriff for his signature. The clerk took the forms back to the sheriffs' secretary, when she came back she asked me if this was my first time for these kind of forms. To that I said yes. She replied that because this was my first time the sheriff will want to meet with me. Probably just a meet and greet to get a feel for me. Cool, no problem. Wrote my number down and went to get the fingerprints done. It's been a couple of days and I haven't received a phone call to come back in. I know I'll be waiting for a long time when the paperwork gets sent off, but waiting to wait is just killin me. What is the proper etiquette on when I should go back in to see if I can schedule a meeting? A few days, a week? I don't want to be a bother but I do want him to know that I'm serious about getting this ball rolling in a timely manner. :dunno:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    On wednesday I purchased/started paperwork on my first suppressor. I bought a Huntertown Arms guardian from Matt at Front To Enemy. Awesome guy to deal with, made the paperwork process very easy. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for class III stuff in NW Indiana. I took the fingerprint cards and my forms to the Porter County sheriff for his signature. The clerk took the forms back to the sheriffs' secretary, when she came back she asked me if this was my first time for these kind of forms. To that I said yes. She replied that because this was my first time the sheriff will want to meet with me. Probably just a meet and greet to get a feel for me. Cool, no problem. Wrote my number down and went to get the fingerprints done. It's been a couple of days and I haven't received a phone call to come back in. I know I'll be waiting for a long time when the paperwork gets sent off, but waiting to wait is just killin me. What is the proper etiquette on when I should go back in to see if I can schedule a meeting? A few days, a week? I don't want to be a bother but I do want him to know that I'm serious about getting this ball rolling in a timely manner. :dunno:

Thats great on the new suppressor! I'm in the waiting process on my first one as well.

As far as the "meeting" goes you might want to just wait and see if his patrol car is there. When you see it just walk in and tell them you want to see the sheriff on business. Just a thought:twocents:

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    ....but waiting to wait is just killin me....

...I'm in the waiting process on my first one as well.

LOL, you guys don't know squat about "waiting". :D Just wait until it's been a few months and your Form 4 "could" be in the mailbox "any day now". You'll be running to the mailbox like a kid downstairs on Chrristmas morning.

I'm actually leaving work two hours early because I haven't been able to check my mail all this week. :D

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I would call again, and or wait for his squad car to be there and stop in. Ask when he is available, etc....squeaky wheel gets the oil! ;)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. I wrote my phone number a little too sloppy and they weren't able to reach me.

Call the his secretary and schedule an appointment. They are very nice and helpful. I was in and out. This was my second suppressor.

BTW, I did the same process. Same dealer (Matt is great), and same sheriff. Easy peasy.

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    I am always interested to hear how these stories go. A while back in a county down south I heard the Sheriff was "Not going to sign any more of those" that really lit my fire. I know most IN sheriff's are gtg, but for what reason could they really refuse? It is still considered a constitutional right for Class III is it not?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I am always interested to hear how these stories go. A while back in a county down south I heard the Sheriff was "Not going to sign any more of those" that really lit my fire. I know most IN sheriff's are gtg, but for what reason could they really refuse? It is still considered a constitutional right for Class III is it not?

Mine still signs and does in then and there, none of that leaving it.

Course they also started charging me for prints after the 20th lot...

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    So here's the real question? What are you suppressing?

When I have the money someday I'd like to get one for my 10/22.
    And one in 9mm. I heard there are some cycling issues with suppressed glocks so if I got on for a 9mm I might get an HK to use it on mainly.

In actuality this is all very unlikely to ever happen for me. So I read about other people and get jealous. :rockwoot:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    So here's the real question? What are you suppressing?

When I have the money someday I'd like to get one for my 10/22.
    And one in 9mm. I heard there are some cycling issues with suppressed glocks so if I got on for a 9mm I might get an HK to use it on mainly.

In actuality this is all very unlikely to ever happen for me. So I read about other people and get jealous. :rockwoot:

although I will take a HK over a Glock any day...Glocks RUN well suppressed!:ar15:

You could buy a take apart silencer in 9mm and run it on a .22 and pull double duty.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Sheriff Lain was pretty prompt and courteous in the past. You shouldn't have to wait much longer. But by all means go up there again during the morning hours and request his audience. It never hurts to flirt and flatter the ladies behind the counter to get in or at least find out his schedule.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    noone else thinks its bull**** he has to wait for the sheriffs "approval" prior to him signing his forms ???
    they should run a background check on you & if you are legal to own firearms that should be the end of it .
    sign the freakin paper.
    if i had to go thru the same BS for my forms i would have a trust setup to avoid such nonsence.
    your sheriff does not get to ALLOW you to purchase a silencer because of his personal perseption of your character:patriot:

Top Bottom