• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Now I have nearly 400 rounds through it altogether. Today saw it eat nearly 150 rounds without a single problem. Adjusted the rear sight as well before shooting. Bought a Kimber Tac Mag to see if a "better" mag would make a difference in any problems. Turns out the Kimber and both Para mags worked flawlessly. Probably going to take the wife to the range this weekend so she can do some shooting, let her try the Ruger and Para.
    Accuracy of the Para is stellar. At between 7 and 10 yards I was consistently shooting 2" to 2.5" groups with the occasional flyer that was the result of me greatly anticipating the recoil. I was able to compensate for it shooting a touch low and nearly have the rear sight adjusted enough for left-to-right. Is it called windage if there is no wind?
    Probably in the spring I'll search for either a taller rear sight or a height adjustable one.
    The Ruger did excellent, as well. A friend from work went with me and he brought 150 rounds of 9mm for the Ruger. And he shot all of it. He's shooting much better than he did the first time. Nearly all of his shots were on the paper. He's getting the itch to get a gun now.
    I found that my shooting with the Ruger has improved as well. Same thing though, the occasional flyer from recoil anticipation. But I was shooting groupings identical to the Para. Only difference is the 9mm rounds weren't able to tear big ragged holes in the targets like the .45 rounds. Plus I was shooting 24 rounds at a go with the Para and only 15 with the P95.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sounds like fun, my GI Expert does great as well. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it so far without a problem, it's at least as good as my Springfield GI. I carry the Para all the time!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    My Para GI Expert is my EDC too. I had a couple of feed issues when I first got it, but after a couple hundred rounds its awesome. :)

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    My intent is for it to be a carry gun. Being in Michigan I have to get a concealed pistol license. But, one thing at a time.

Top Bottom