• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    Here are some CAD screen shots of what I hope to do to my clod this weekend. I still need to design a couple more things like the shock mounts, but you can get the idea from what i have so far.

This is the heart of the idea
    SPG400A_outline3.jpg

It's the red part in the pics

V5StraitTop.jpg

V545Top.jpg

V5StraitRight.jpg

V545Right.jpg

V5StraitISOFR.jpg

V545ISOFR.jpg

V5StraitISORR.jpg

V545ISORR.jpg

V545ISORL.jpg

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    So I got the shock towers done, the ESC is in place (under the servo box in the back), and I stuffed a reconfigured 7 cell pack inside the front frame. I will be borrowing the receiver from my MAXX and it will go on top of the upper front chassis plate. I was hoping to test the servo box by this update, but the mounting hub is threaded for a 5-40 screw. I cannot find them anywhere locally, so I am going to try to order some before I retap the hub for 6-32.

P1160084.jpg

P1160085.jpg

I know some of you have been thinking about the body. Well I have one laying around that I want to experiment with first before I try to make something. I will be cutting the bed off and moving it back about an inch or two. The cab will stay about where it is in the photo. Yes there will be a gap, and it will probably take some getting use to, but I still want this to look like a truck. And if it were a tractor or loader body there would be a gap between the front and back body sections as well.

P1160086.jpg

Oh, I’m sorry for those of you that like to see photos during fabrication, but once I get in my groove I don’t even think about it.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    It's ALIVE
    Click Pic for Video

So I finnished the wiring today, got the screws for the hub connection, and took the first test drive. The steering is a little slow from lock to lock, but it's not a racer and full lock steering is super tight. Over all I am pleased to report that the only suprise I had today was the fact that I need to reverse both channels on my transmitter (the video was taken with both channels going the wrong way).

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Cool stuff!! I used to fly R/C planes until a few years ago. (ie BK, before kids). Need to get back into it one day!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Very nice! Take some cash and get Inventor though, if you want to do this often. . .

Does the servo reset to center? If you could mount a gyro plate to one side of the joint (torsionally articulate) that would make a heck of a crawler!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That is one fine looking machine! You probably already thought of this but if the front of the truck bed section was rounded or pointed somehow, there wouldn't need to be a large a gap between the bed and the cab. If it ends up looking as good as what you've done so far, I'm sure whatever you end up doing will look great!

I don't know much about RC stuff but that articulated assembly must be a really beefy unit to handle all that stress at one point the way it does.

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Hey Merrixs. I saw this on RCMT last week. cool project. I have a large fleet of mt's myself. The only thing I am lacking for them is time.

Jason

Top Bottom