• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Anyone own one the Nagant Revolvers? I'm thinking of getting one in a month or two cause since I have a 91/30 I thought it would be cool to have a Nagant revolver to "marry" the pair. Are they fun to shoot? How available is the ammo for those old warhorses?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A hoot to shoot. Ammo isn't as bad as you might think. I found PRVI PARTISAN 7.62x38R for around $21 p/box of 50 rounds.

You can also run .32 S&W long, or .32H&R magnum.

Absolutely the WORST double action trigger pull ever produced. Has to be at LEAST a 12 pound pull!

Still great fun, and a great conversation piece.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Anyone own one the Nagant Revolvers? I'm thinking of getting one in a month or two cause since I have a 91/30 I thought it would be cool to have a Nagant revolver to "marry" the pair. Are they fun to shoot? How available is the ammo for those old warhorses?

Ammo comes and goes, depending on the availability of Fiocchi or Prvi. You can also shoot .32 S&W Long if you don't mind split cases, as well as .32 ACP with the commonly-found conversion cylinder.

A little ammo goes a long way, since if you're firing double action, your trigger finger won't last as long as a 50-round box. It takes a grown man, two small boys, a mule, and a chainfall to pull the trigger in double-action.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    12 pounds!? Hell I had a S&W Sigma that was 12 pounds, the Nagant revolvers have to at least be right around 20 pounds in DA! No joke, it's a workout for the ol' digits.

I have no idea what my Nagant's DA pull is, because my certified trigger weights only went up to, like, 18 pounds and it wasn't anywhere near breaking yet. :dunno:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I have seen them from about 100-150.00 In my gun ventures. They are a neat revolver, I do not own one. But here are some interesting facts.
    They are the only Gas Sealed revolvers that i am aware of.
    They can be threaded and suppressed all you should hear is a clink when the hammer smacks on the primer.
    Trigger pull is somewhere in the 19-21 lbs range, This is required pretty much for the gun to do its gas seal thing. There are some modifications you can do to lesson the trigger pull but am uncertain how much it really helps, or if its advised( browse the web) I wouldn't carry one for SD purposes because of the trigger pull.
    They are cheap.
    You can't buy the ammo at walmart
    The bullet is actually "buryed" in the cartridge. I found the rounds interesting because the bullet causes the shell casing to expand. blah blah blah
    KS&E had some ammo in stock about two months ago.
    I have heard rumors you can use other cal bullets in it.
    There is a conversion cylinder available. When I priced it 6 months ago they were in the 70-90.00 range, everywhere was out of stock at the moment.
    However there will be some "free boring" going on. But its nice to know for just in case situations.
    They are built like tanks.
    I ended up not buying one, ended up buying a really nice shoulder rig for of my guns instead.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have one. The trigger pull is as bad as everyone says. But, it is an interesting gun. It's a 7 shot revolver. Also, for some reason, the designers didn't include a swing out cylinder or make it break open. Instead, it has a loading gate and you have to eject rounds one by one, just like in a single action design.

I regularly shoot .32 S&W Long in it (found a bunch of boxes for cheap at a gun show). Seems to work fine. You won't win any awards for accuracy though. That trigger pull (even single action) is too rough. It'll be really hard to keep steady on target through that pull.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't know if I got a "good one" and I just came back downstairs from my office after pulling the trigger in both modes on my pistol to make sure...but the trigger on my '43 Izhevsk isn't that bad. It is heavy and certainly requires a good squeeze, but it's a smooth consistent squeeze. After reading up on the pistol after I got it I had fully expected a bad trigger...it just didn't feel all that bad to me, other than being on the heavy side.

So if you're wanting to get one of these pieces to "marry" to your 91/30 I'd say go for it. I've seen them in print ads for J&G at $99.95 (plus $20 for hand select.)

The cool and fun factor is pretty high (to me at least) for these Nagants and you also get accessories. :yesway: And like other INGOers stated, ammo is available for these, you just can't get it at Walmart.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Not the worse da trigger ever produced id have to say the p64 takes that about 32 pounds its a clean pull though unlike the nagant i have some problems with shooting mine da slowly seem i have to yank that sucker or it will blind up i need to polish a few parts its far from broke in ammo isnt too bad im shooting prvi like alot people on here i see milsurp from time to time havnt tried it yet but there is a 32auto conversion cylinder for it i believe cost about the same as the gun though

Top Bottom