Need .308 to 9mm suppressor…. Is Omega 36 the best? Where to buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Looking for a suppressor and it’s been a while since I bought my one and only one. Wanting one for a 308 and to use on my 9mm, .556 ARs, AKs…etc this seems like the best overall option from basic research.

Anyone have any other suggestions for better products or suggestions on where to look to go and buy these in general? Live in Carmel.

Thank you!

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    The best? Good luck with that one. From what you mentioned are important factors for you, the omega 36 would certainly be a solid choice. There is quite a bit of attachment versatility in that product line. Another to consider might be the Rugged Alaskan 360. Probably checks most of not all of the same boxes for you, plus it's a Rugged and their awesome.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Looking for a suppressor and it’s been a while since I bought my one and only one. Wanting one for a 308 and to use on my 9mm, .556 ARs, AKs…etc this seems like the best overall option from basic research.

Anyone have any other suggestions for better products or suggestions on where to look to go and buy these in general? Live in Carmel.

Thank you!
    Which suppressor do you currently have?
    I personally don't like cans that "do all the things" cause they're never really good at anything and just ok at everything. A lot of NFA newcomer's interests are perked by this notion of 1 can for multiple tasks. If you're of the understanding that a multiple caliber can will not be best suited for any one gun/caliber then go for it. That 36M would probably be a great can that could do most things pretty decent. The downside of these jack of all master of none is the black hole of accessories you need to buy in order to make it work on all those different applications. If it were me I'd buy a 30cal and a 9mm

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    bite the bullet and get 1 .22LR can, 1 .45acp can and 1 .30cal can;
    that will cover rimfire, pistol and rifle. other than that, what NyleRN said....there really is no one can do all.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I’d recommend the Rugged Alaskan 360. I just got one myself and it’s a lightweight solid can.

If you’re looking for one, drop me a line. I’m a dealer for Rugged products as well as many others. Also, if you’d like to shoot one, you can demo mine.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Did Rugged finally start doing universal rear threading or not? Been a little while since I've kept up with the suppressor market. It tends to move pretty quick

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Check out the pew science rankings for dB levels if you care about that and then decide on the trade off between weight and durability that comes with choosing the right material.

My advice,? Check out Liberty Precision Machine - Anthem

They have a K, an S, and now an L version and they just released an improved version 2 of them.

I have the first generation S.

If you're going to take Andrew up on the demo of his rugged can I can try to swing by there at the same time to drop off some fingerprint cards I owe him and let you try the LPM Anthem S (1st gen) - possibly even the 2nd gen if this is still a debate for you in a few weeks as he's ordering me the S2 next week.

Here's a great video on the 1st gen Anthem S

Top Bottom