• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoldMyBeer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2024
    Indianapolis
    I recently came into possession of a very nice, no rust FN1922 handed down through my friend's family. The very strange thing about it is that it is completely devoid of any serial numbers, stampings or proof marks. The barrel lug has the number 8 stamped onto it. It is also without a magazine safety and the frame was never drilled for its retaining pin. The only google link I could find was that towards the end of the Nazi occupation, corners were cut. With the German's penchant for documentation, it feels more to me that it was "liberated" from the assembly line before the magazine safety procedure and the serial number/proofs were installed.

Anyway, verbal provenance only, my friend's grandfather hit it with a shovel trenching in occupied territory in 1944. It had been slathered with cosmoline, wrapped in newspaper, then wrapped in oily rags. He indicated the grips didn't make it and he cobbled together some homemade ones by tapping threads into the 4 grip frame holes used to fixture it into the assembly jig. I also have them.

Any information would be appreciated. P1040283.JPG P1040288.JPG P1040337.JPG P1040342.JPG P1040321.JPG

Top Bottom