• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have a Colt pocket positive 32 police ctg. serial# 878XX with a Z under the serial number. Can anyone tell what year it was made? Or any info about the gun? I know some people on here are great with serial numbers and the year so any info is much appreciated!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Someone will be by shortly with your answer.

I used to have a link to the Colt website that had Colt serial numbers with corresponding manufacture dates, but alas , I lost it.

Maybe this is my chance to get it again.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I have a Colt pocket positive 32 police ctg. serial# 878XX with a Z under the serial number. Can anyone tell what year it was made? Or any info about the gun? I know some people on here are great with serial numbers and the year so any info is much appreciated!

Looks like 1920. They used to be the favored police undercover revolver in their day, J. Edgar Hoover had one. 20 years ago you would still find some old timers asking for them at gun shops for a home defense or carry gun.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Looks like 1920. They used to be the favored police undercover revolver in their day, J. Edgar Hoover had one. 20 years ago you would still find some old timers asking for them at gun shops for a home defense or carry gun.

I just found an old Colt Police Positive Special, in .38 special. Has a 4" barrel and is pretty nifty to shoot.
    I also have a Colt 1903 "Hammerless" in .32acp, another favorite of police detectives back in the day.

Granted , it doesn't have the bark of my .357mag, but I still wouldn't want to get hit with it, .32 or not!

Top Bottom