• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Today I got a good deal on a new revolver. I deliver medical equipment and was at a pt's house and she told me her son was selling his collection. Well turned out I got there too late for most of it, he told me he sold most the previous day. However I did manage to pick up a Taurus 44 special revolver with a 2 inch barrel. It is blued, 5 shot with a hogue rubber grip. Looks to be in very good condition. The only thing is I know nothing about 44 special other than the rounds I picked up today were very expensive. Anything anybody can tell me about this particular gun or the 44 special round? I picked it up for 250 so could not pass up the deal and did not want to research first because I didn't want to miss out. Any info would be appreciated.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    My dad has one that is the ultralite titanium version with the ported barrel. Its a really good shooter and a nice carry gun. The only down side like you said is that the rounds are a little pricey. The .44 special rounds are very similar to the ballistics found in the 45 ACP.

250 is a good deal, new revolvers in .44 special start around $300 for Charter Arms and Taurus and they can go up in price for the Ruger's and Smith's

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Having trouble finding alot of information on it. Model # according to the Taurus SN lookup is 2-431021. That is all that I have been able to get so far.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    It's a Taurus revolver...you got it for $250....You are LUCKY!!!!!, that's what I know about it!!!....sorry..... I love hearing about good deals, just wish I could get them!!!

Top Bottom