• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'll admit, I haven't been to a gun show in years, since the days of the $70 SKSs, but is this the norm now for everything to be way overpriced? Is there enough people who don't know any better buying these overpriced guns? Are the dealers there just happy to make their table fee back by selling one or two guns? Looking at it from the perspective of a dealer, why bother going and setting up if nobody is buying your stuff?:dunno:
    I didn't see a lot of money changing hands. I think the internet pretty much keeps most potential gun buyers educated to current gun prices. I took enough cash to get a nice gun, but didn't see any for reasonable prices. The gun case guy did have some good deals. I don't know what business plan the vendors follow. Maybe they are just waiting for the one fish to swim by:whistle:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Maybe they are just waiting for the one fish to swim by:whistle:
    That's what I'm thinking!:): As I said, it's been quite a few years since my last gun show, but everything I've heard here, and from friends who have been to the big shows in Louisville recently, seem to indicate it's all about waiting for that big sucker to walk up. I used to love going to the national gun day shows at the fairgrounds, you could take $500 in there and damn near couldn't carry everything you bought back to the truck. Those were the good ol' days I guess.:(

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That's what I'm thinking!:): As I said, it's been quite a few years since my last gun show, but everything I've heard here, and from friends who have been to the big shows in Louisville recently, seem to indicate it's all about waiting for that big sucker to walk up. I used to love going to the national gun day shows at the fairgrounds, you could take $500 in there and damn near couldn't carry everything you bought back to the truck. Those were the good ol' days I guess.:(
    I know what you mean. When I lived in Florida, many moons ago, I used to go to gun shows. I bought quite a few handguns for very good prices.

Top Bottom