• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    So I went and bought a new python as I remember shooting my father in laws years ago and it was great to shoot. I am noticing that the trigger is very heavy. Wouldn't break at 3.5 lbs. I am being told that for single action it is between 3.5 and 5lbs. I am going to get it tested as I think it is over 5lbs but even at 5lbs or even 4lbs, that is very heavy . Anyone ever experience the same on the old ones?

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I owned one of the 2.5" Pythons back in the 1990's. Trigger was exceptionally smooth but stacked quite a bit towards the break.

I have not heard good things about the new models.....lousy triggers, frame fit and tool marks seem to be the majority of the complaints.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I owned one of the 2.5" Pythons back in the 1990's. Trigger was exceptionally smooth but stacked quite a bit towards the break.

I have not heard good things about the new models.....lousy triggers, frame fit and tool marks seem to be the majority of the complaints.

I had a four inch blued one but it was pretty anti-climactic, I didn't think it lived up to the hype at all. Gotta love the internet though, the reviews I looked at mentioned the new ones had pretty nice triggers, even better than the originals. I haven't seen anything about frame fit(?) and tool marks. I've seen mention of some frame screws coming loose and some poor crowns from the factory.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I believe that added some Loctite to fix the screw issues. I can't see any tool marks and overall it feels nice in my hand. The trigger is an issue. Got it tested and it came out at over 9lbs for DA and just over 7lbs for SA. I sent a message to colt customer service. Hopefully I get a reply tomorrow and can have it sent back to have the trigger adjusted. I would have expected the trigger to be on the lighter side, somewhere at or below 3 1/4.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looks like they advertise the DA pull to be 8-9.5 lbs. The old ones as I recall was well over 10.

Top Bottom