• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Was browsing condor gear and came across this new knife. I'm not a knife guy... What do you think?

KF1001 - Barracuda Folding Knife

KF1001SS002.jpg

409747_427369067331834_697367975_n.jpg

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    I agree, Condor makes nice knives. Serrations have their purpose so it mostly depends on the end user. I have a couple knives with serrations but most do not. The scales look like they would be comfortable to hang onto, just have to hold one to be sure. Looks nice.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Not a huge fan of AUS8 but you could do worse. The bigger belly at the front of the blade may make sharpening a little more time intensive depending on your system. Not a huge fan of serrations and those look like they'd grab or hang up on something rather than make a smooth cut. It does look cool though and hey #6 principle of patrolling = always look cool.... Personally would spend my money elsewhere on a knife.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I believe there is a bit of confusion. This knife is from Condor, the tactical gear company and not from Condor Tool & Knife that has a great reputation for their blades.

Since I believe that this knife is from the tactical gear Condor company, I would bet they don't even make it themselves. I would want to know who is making this for them. AUS 8 is just an "OK" steel, there are a lot better steels out there. :twocents:

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I believe there is a bit of confusion. This knife is from Condor, the tactical gear company and not from Condor Tool & Knife that has a great reputation for their blades.

Since I believe that this knife is from the tactical gear Condor company, I would bet they don't even make it themselves. I would want to know who is making this for them. AUS 8 is just a "OK" steel, there are a lot better steels out there. :twocents:

Brad FTW

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    The recurve looking blades are cool period. At least look tough. HTM uses a blade with similair geometry.

The HTM re-curve blade is a Darrell Ralph design and is so bad looking I almost bought one for $300. Then I got a Hest 2.0 with a sticky lock bar instead.

Agree about the serrations in that for myself I always go straight blade over combo edges. I dont have use for serrations and they take up half the blades usefull cutting surface. Again for my needs

But I wouldnt buy that knife cause Joe said run and Brad said Who?

Top Bottom