• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How many more...

...dollars have you spent to support these anti's since their debut Dec. 21 2012?

Enough...

...that their faces still appear as successful people to look up to.

We can do better than this!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    As soon as it got to Jamie Foxx, the first guy, there was no doubt it would be an entirely worthless 'ad', as Foxx is about the most low-life, racist p.o.s. in Hollywood.

Glad they chose to put Foxx first. It graciously shortened a 1:22 bit of garbage to a more manageable and humane 0:01. :thumbsup:

These are actors, not politcians. I'm sure some actors may roll with armed security, but most of them don't. Do you think Will Ferrell, Steve Carrel, Kristen Bell and others have bodyguards?
    Yes. Virtually certain, virtually always.

Armed Security is provided by the film or production company (i.e. filming on location for a movie), management representing the client / celebrity, agency or company requesting an appearance (for public speaking engagements, etc.), the promoter (as for 'big' events such as the Academy Awards, etc.), or similar agencies, virtually any time the celebrity is away from home.

The specifics of the security vary tremendously, and is seldom what one sees in the movies: '4 big, hulking guys shoving people around', or '57 Secret Service Agents wearing shades and talking into their wrists', LOL. Type: number, gender, how much 'presence', how much 'breathing room', how 'discreet', attire, armed or unarmed (increasingly armed), etc. are all details to be factored in.

Also note that many celebrities pay for armed security when heading out to shop, etc. This may not be a full-time assignment for one+ man. IOW, 'John Smith' may not be the bodyguard that's permanently on the payroll for 'Celebrity Betty'. The staff is often (as in, frequently) rotated, may include both male and / or female bodyguards, may vary in number on a constant basis.

In such cases, arrangements are usually made by the 'Majordomo', Personal Valet, etc. Whomever oversees the day to day operations of the celebritys' home(s).

They are typically employed (or contracted) for a specialty company which may or may not be a 'Security' or 'Bodyguard' company. These are infrequently (as in, almost never) 'listed in the Yellow Pages'. They don't need to advertise, anyway.

Nor are they your typical 'shopping mall security guards' or 'WWF or MMA rejects'. Nor are they the 'loping thugs' one often sees surrounding Rap 'stars'. Nor are you likely to 'make' them in a crowd. One of the 'requirements' usually is that the security agent look equally 'comfortable' in 'jeans & a T-shirt' or in a 'Tuxedo'. Or possibly, in a bathing suit or evening gown, as the case may be.

But most confidently, rest assured that virtually any time you've seen a celebrity (in person or in front of the camera) security is not far away, and armed.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, not new. This came out just after Newtown.

It is being recycled by the gun blogs in need of material.

If you want to fight back, send a check to NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF.

Money is the ammunition is the fight. All else is teeth talk.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hollywood has traditionally been anti-gun. How is any of this new? Love the Lethal Weapon movies? Glover is HIGHLY anti-gun.

Robert Duvall is about the only "Hollywood type" that I can trust. At least he doesn't get into losing arguments with empty folding chairs... :D

To say, "Well, I'll boycott your movies" is truly a daunting task to say the least.

Freeman hit it on the head: Find an organization you can stomach (I like the NRA, so there...) and give it a check, become a member. Groaning on an internet forum is great, but only a start. Meet their $50 million with the sheer power of the few times that spent keeping these kooks in check. What is worth more? $50 on 100 rounds of ammo, shoot for a week. Or $50 for an NRA membership, shoot for the rest of your life?

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    For those of us who champion personal responsibility and who have never been to rehab to allow the others to lobby our rights away is, in its self wrong.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    When I wish to learn about acting, I will look to Hollywood. Beyond that, I don't much care for their political opinions or beliefs. Not really convinced they give one crap about mine either.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    The best part is that they brought up the theater shooting.... If more patrons were carrying the shooter wouldn't have gotten as far as he did. I dont go to the movies without my gun these days.... Funny- 'Demand a Plan' presumably this translates to taking guns away from the good guys. Im sure the bad guys will stop shooting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom