• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The M&P may be just a hair smoother (at least mine) but the FN has a stronger more positive trigger return/reset.

Congrats on the new pistol.

I have a FNP9, its a fantastic shooter.

I wonder about the comment conserning the trigger on the M&P. I have M&P9 Pro and the trigger leaves a lot to be desired. Are you saying your M&P had a better trigger out of the box, or after installing aftermarket trigger parts?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Congrats on the new pistol.

I have a FNP9, its a fantastic shooter.

I wonder about the comment conserning the trigger on the M&P. I have M&P9 Pro and the trigger leaves a lot to be desired. Are you saying your M&P had a better trigger out of the box, or after installing aftermarket trigger parts?

All of my M&P's have been stock never tried any Apex parts etc but have always thought they are rather good triggers out of the box (and i'm usually a 1911 person), at least the ones I have owned except maybe for the .45's. I would describe the FNS as maybe a little stiffer but really the difference is probably negligible between the two with the FNS having a more positive reset and still like it better than my glock.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    thanks, everything else FNh maes right now has a solid trigger, this trigger safety and thumb safety mess eludes me, unless they are hedging for government/LE contracts. I have to hand it to smith for doing some with and some without.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    thanks, everything else FNh maes right now has a solid trigger, this trigger safety and thumb safety mess eludes me, unless they are hedging for government/LE contracts. I have to hand it to smith for doing some with and some without.

Shot it some more this weekend on steel and it's an awesome pistol to shoot, and FN will make them with and without the thumb safety last I heard.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom