• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Taken it to the range yet? I'd like to hear how it is. I've shot the 9mm and .40 models and was pretty impressed with those. Their .45's are just too big for my hands unfortunately.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    very nice. That is on a very short list of things I really want. What are the differences in the tactical and non tactical?

Threaded barrel, taller sights to see over a can, if you install one that is. Comes in a cool nylon case with three 15rnd. mags.
    Slide is machined to accept a reflex sight. I think I hit them all, if not I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

To the OP, congrats on your purchase BTW.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I had one in black I sold a couple of months ago. The only reason I sold it is, I knew I would never put a can on it, or buy a nice reflex sight for it.
    Other than that they are great pistols.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Taken it to the range yet? I'd like to hear how it is. I've shot the 9mm and .40 models and was pretty impressed with those. Their .45's are just too big for my hands unfortunately.

Yeah, their doublestack .45s are big. not just circumfrence, but also long magazine and grip as well. I guess that's the price you pay to have 15 rds of .45 on hand. I have medium-big hands, and these .45s are deifinitely on the big side for me.
    FN really makes a quiality product though, and I wouldn't hesitate to but this in .40 or 9mm --- oh yeah, except they don't make the tactical in .40 and 9mm! (correct me if I'm wrong)

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    I have several of the standard model, lots of the "looks good but too big" used ones, best pistol I've owned. I saw a custom .40 tactical, custom slide and lengthened barrel, gentleman said he was into it about $2K!

I was sad, thought if it were real maybe there would be a 9mm too...

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm sure you'll love it, especially when you suppress it. They are a lot of fun, even if the spare mags will run you $60.

14+-+3

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I have the non-tactical predecessor, the FNP-45. Love everything about it. When I bought it, I had no idea a tactical model existed. Saw them later and thought, hey I should've got that... but I doubt I would've sunk the money into a suppressor or an RDS so it would have been purely to sate my inner mall ninja.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice OP! I got to fire a buddy's FNX 40 this weekend and was super impressed. I picked it up and put the 10 rounds he had loaded right in the center, blowing out the bullseye (only at 5M, but I was still pretty impressed with it). Thought the trigger was awesome. An FNX in 9mm will likely be my next handgun purchase.

Top Bottom