• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickXD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    SE Indy
    I just bought a Ruger sr40c, made sure I got a new in the box one as the display one was a little scratched up. When I got home and took it out of the plastic to inspect it I noticed the trigger doesn't spring back at all after being pulled. I read that sometimes the packing oil can cause it to stick. My question is do you need to take it apart further then a field strip to clean it out? Can I just use a spray, if so any suggestion on which spray? And yes I now know I should have checked while still at the store. Will also be putting some rounds through it shortly to see if that loosens it up.

Thanks,
    -Nick

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    If it's anything like the sr9c, they come packed with a heavy grease.
    I would field strip and clean it thoroughly, especially the striker channel.
    U-tube or Ruger should have videos online showing how to take it apart.

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    They do not sping back there is zero overtravel. when loaded and fired it will. When dry fireing hold the trigger and work the slide when you release the trigger it will reset. The zero overtravel is awsome for target shooting and positve reset.

NickXD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    SE Indy
    I was wondering if that was just normal, and yeah racking the slide reset it so I figured would fire just fine, was just different from the XD I am used to. Thanks for the replies. Now to go try out the range at Indy Trading Post!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Nick, that is the way it should work. The trigger should stay back until the slide is racked.

Also, dryfiring is perfectly fine as long as you either have the mag inserted UNLOADED or remove the mag disconnect.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Also, if it is like the sr9c, dry firing it is a no no.
    Mag disconnect safety and all that.

With the mag installed in any SR series pistol you can dry fire all you want with no problems at all.Where did you hear dry firing is a no no with an SR?To the OP-when you dry fire make sure you have a mag in and the trigger will actually reset if you pull the slide back at least a 1/2" to get used to the trigger or just break it in.

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    Also, if it is like the sr9c, dry firing it is a no no.
    Mag disconnect safety and all that.
    You can dry fire, I do with my SR9, but make sure the mag is in place. The manual says it is okay as well, but ONLY when the mag is in.

Top Bottom