• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just when I thought I had seen everything, a company named Elfmann has a new trigger system for the AR.

It is actually two triggers, one that is in the conventional location, and the second is under the main trigger. This allows you to move your hand down and use the leverage to make the trigger feel like it is 1/2 as much weight, or use two fingers like a paddle shifter.

Brownells has started to carry them. The kit is not cheap at $225.00 but the wow factor is huge.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That has been around for a little while. Looks more like a gimick to me than anything useful. I'd much rather put a precision trigger in my guns than use something like that. I've shot standard mil-spec, RRA 2 stage match, Gissele, Timney, Jewel and AR-Gold triggers.

I put Timney in one of my ARs, an AR-Gold in another one. I'll probably installing another AR-Gold trigger into another AR of mine, its the best I've ever tried.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It would not be accepted for service rifle competition, as it does not resemble something that was standard issue. It was the first time I have seen it, but I can actually understand a benefit for it in some uses, even if it is not my style.

I saw someone using a trick on a stock AR in a match. You know that the trigger guard on the AR hinges down after depressing the pin with a bullet tip. With the piece hanging down, you can place your finger on the tip if the trigger. This position increases the leverage so you can get a lighter trigger pull. The line officer judged that it was ok, since no modifications were made and it was an engineered feature of the rifle. The original intent was to be able to shoot with gloves or mittens.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Here's a pic for those inclined.

l_100011249_2.jpg

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Speaking of triggers for ARs. Years ago I had a set trigger done by Bill Wylde.
    You would put the safety in between safe and fire and then "set" the trigger, then flip the safety to fire. Light and crisp, probably the best trigger for an AR at the time. Worked very well for slow fire stages in Highpower competition.
    Then along came the Krieger/Milazzo.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wouldn't it also make the pull considerably longer since you're farther from the triggers pivot point? Unless I'm missing something in the design.

Top Bottom