• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Any advice on how to build up a decent amount of brass in a short time? I am just starting to get into reloading. I had never saved much brass though so I am hurting for it. Not much on ebay or gunbroker. Are the stores that sell once fired brass worth it?

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Check the classifieds here on INGO once youve reached your 50 QUALITY posts. Also use the google foo and search once fired brass amazing how well that google foo works:D

and last but not least :welcome: to:ingo:

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    Hang out at the range more :D
    People don't leave brass lying around like they did 5 years ago, but plenty still gets left on the ground.

Where are you from, and what caliber(s) brass are you looking for.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The range is one good place to collect brass. I hardly ever run into anyone that reloads at the range. As others have said, check the classifieds. Also, you can find once fired brass online for pretty reasonable.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You want Brass??

First of all-WELCOME to INGO!!!

As for brass, if you are located in Central Indiana, the Reloaders Swap Meet II is next Sat.

Check out the Ammo+Reloading section here for the thread+details.

There will be more than a few of us there with brass for sale.

As ask before, what caliber+how much do you need??? Bill.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the tips. I am located in Greenwood. I am mostly looking for 9mm and .223 but I would also like to acquire some .45

Like I said im new to reloading so i think ill hold off until I get some loading under my belt to try some of the specialized rounds i need. 303 british, 8mm exc. I don't wanna mess anything up. I have started reading the reloading books exc and i commonly read the forums here at INGO. I have most of the equipment i need looking to finish buying the rest of the stuff i need to get the ball moving in the next week or so.

I appreciate the help :patriot:

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I made an initial purchase of casings and started shooting matches. I was able to collect quite a bit over the years. Check at USPSA.org click the link for member support. There is a classified section. One seller is in Newburgh I believe. He has all pistol calibers.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Everglades Ammunition and Reloading

That's one of the cheapest places I've been able to find once fired brass. Unfortunately they are out of stock of a lot of their most common calibers and most of it is military brass so you might have to remove the primer pocket crimp. Hopefully they will have their stock back in soon. You could always email them and see when they will get their .223/5.56 brass back in.

They have your .45 ACP brass in stock for $75.00/1,000 shipped.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    First of all-WELCOME to INGO!!!

As for brass, if you are located in Central Indiana, the Reloaders Swap Meet II is next Sat.

Check out the Ammo+Reloading section here for the thread+details.

There will be more than a few of us there with brass for sale.

As ask before, what caliber+how much do you need??? Bill.

Man am I glad I didn't go today. I put the date in my I phone wrong and thought it was today. I had planned to shoot pins this morning, hit the Stout Field gun show and then go to the swap meet but since it was raining changed my plans. I'm glad I didn't miss it!

Top Bottom