• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jswift

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Grant County
    OK all. Looking to buy a suppressor for my Bushmaster 450. Local gun shop sell Huntertown Arms and is telling their "new and improved" .45 can will work on the .450. Anyone suppress one of these yet? Anyone have any experience with Huntertown? Thanks.

jswift

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Grant County
    The shop there in Gas city is selling Huntertown. Unfortunately we have already made the deal before getting on here. I just got the stamp this month. Now it doesn't fit on to the 450 barrel. So now we'll see how long it takes to get an adapter or something made!

I'm just worried the 450 will ruin or tear it up. Multiple calls and emails to Huntertown have not been returned and I don't expect them to after reading their reviews!

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    So are you really looking to buy as mentioned in your first post, or are you looking for a different one as you found out Huntertown Arms has issues?

chuck

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It would be safe to say that the Huntertown would blow on a 450 Bushmaster, or at least that would be my thought. The 450s have a thread pitch of 11/16x24, so even if it would hold, you'd have to get a thread adapter cause I highly doubt Huntertown would do a piston in that thread.

For a 450 can, Coastal Model X, Lane 458 Scorpion, Bowers VERS 458. Those are the 3 that came to mind but I'm sure there are other large bore cans out there

jswift

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Grant County
    So are you really looking to buy as mentioned in your first post, or are you looking for a different one as you found out Huntertown Arms has issues?

chuck

Sorry, we did purchase it. Looking an adapter in the 11/16x24 thread that will fit the Huntertown can and 450.

Top Bottom