• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Well after weeks of searching I finally found another toy! I picked up a used delta elite today for a decent price. Sadly it wasn't quite as advertised but I feel I still did ok. Someone put in a skeleton trigger, beaver tail is not black, has hideous yellow grips, and there is a tiny bit of rust that is soaking in oil. On the upside the bore is in nice shape and overall the gun is pretty nice. All in all I feel I did alright for 750 considering I have 3 colt mags with it.

At some point I need to stop buying handcannons, but I have been wanting one for awhile. I am hoping to take it and my Mateba to the range tomorrow to test them out. Eventually I want to get an original set of delta elita grips for it. If I ever decide I want a custom gun it would make for a great base, but dunno if I am up for that sort of thing.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Well since you twisted my arm about it =P

IMG_7852.jpg

Two are stainless mags, but w/e.

IMG_7854.jpg

Pic of the rust. There is a little more at the bottom of the frame, but that is the worst of it.

And obligatory pic of my bench wip. I took the lighting idea from Aszerigan. Pardon the mess its still a wip. The shelf has pinball parts on it atm, but I should be getting those fixed soon and organized before I start reloading.
    IMG_7851.jpg

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

Pic of the rust. There is a little more at the bottom of the frame, but that is the worst of it.

And obligatory pic of my bench wip. I took the lighting idea from Aszerigan. Pardon the mess its still a wip. The shelf has pinball parts on it atm, but I should be getting those fixed soon and organized before I start reloading.
    IMG_7851.jpg

is it bad Im more jealous of the pinball machines lol

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Congrats!

Here is a cool Delta Elite pic that was taken down at lovemywoods' place during a training class. The shooter is Magpul Dynamics' Steve Fisher (Steve MI) and the photographer is Raven Concealment Marketing Guy Tom Fineis (Tom Fineis). IIRC the gun belonged to INGOer Barry in IN.

4163729227_4ccc586c60_o.jpg

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    is it bad Im more jealous of the pinball machines lol

I have been selling them off to get back into guns. Back in December that wall consisted of a Data East Tommy and a Sega Batman Forever. Everything you see has been paid for with the sale of those two machines plus more (mateba) and I still have some money left over.

The other wall looks like this.

IMG_7838.jpg

I will end up selling Nascar or Jurassic Park and going down to two for awhile. That will pay for some other guns (Marlin 39a/Winchester 94, m1 carbine, and?).

While they are fun to own. Nascar took over 30 hours to shop out (recondition). Jurassic Park took the same, but has had electrical problems since I got it. I am waiting on parts to fix it, again... Ripley's blew at least one transistor in the switch matrix and probably more earlier tonight. I will fix that one tomorrow. Like I said, they are fun to own but very maintenance intensive. I have had 20+ machines in under 2 years. At this point I am kind of burnt out and just wanting to learn something new (reloading and casting).

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7851.jpg

Ok, 3 things. First off, the grips don't look as hideous as you made them sound. Maybe not the most beautiful things, but they can be replaced. And even with the rust, it is a pretty gun. Second, what mess? You apparently have never seen a 22 year old college student's apartment lol. And lastly, I too am jealous of the pinball machines. Thanks for the pics!

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Ok, 3 things. First off, the grips don't look as hideous as you made them sound. Maybe not the most beautiful things, but they can be replaced. And even with the rust, it is a pretty gun. Second, what mess? You apparently have never seen a 22 year old college student's apartment lol. And lastly, I too am jealous of the pinball machines. Thanks for the pics!

Yes I have, two years ago in fact. I am a 24 year old grad student and you should have seen that room 3 weeks ago. I had pinball parts covering the floor. I had corn cob media everywhere. Tools and what not were scattered as well. The other machines were covered in towels and used for desk space.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yes I have, two years ago in fact. I am a 24 year old grad student and you should have seen that room 3 weeks ago. I had pinball parts covering the floor. I had corn cob media everywhere. Tools and what not were scattered as well. The other machines were covered in towels and used for desk space.

Well, in that case, a big +1 to getting that cleaned up and organized, even as a grad student! I have a few grad student friends and they are always busy working on something. Almost zero time to clean their apartments, but now I'm just preaching to the choir. :D

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Well, in that case, a big +1 to getting that cleaned up and organized, even as a grad student! I have a few grad student friends and they are always busy working on something. Almost zero time to clean their apartments, but now I'm just preaching to the choir. :D

I no longer work so I have time until the last two months of the semester. Then I hit crunch mode and the place falls to pieces. I worked full time all through my undergrad and after doing that for 5 years I decided taking on the extra debt was worth my sanity.

Top Bottom