• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I decided since I had a couple of cases of 28 gauge shells in the ammo locker I had a couple choices...sell the ammo or buy a shotgun...guess what I did :):

I was also lacking a 20 gauge SXS and there are times I want a little more style than my Beretta White Onyx affords so when I found this package it all came together. While it is not a Winchester 21 it is a very nice Stoeger Uplander combo in 20/28ga which is a step up from their standard guns. Receiver is a nice nickle and the bluing is excellent, deep and dark. The walnut has a fair amount of figure and the checkering is well done. The beavertail forend will work great both for skeet as well as for upland game as will the English stock. The barrels both have mid beads, 28 inches, the 28 gauge has fixed IC/Mod and the 20 gauge uses screw in chokes.

Both sets of barrels come up perfect with my eyes closed and the LOP is as good as I could ask for from a factory gun. It has a single non-selective trigger and (sadly) an automatic safety, extractors only. Pushing the lever drops the barrels like they were sping loaded on greased ball bearings...extremely smooth and it locks up with the feel of a bank vault shutting. This gun feels excellent in hand if a tad heavy.

sto1.jpg

sto2.jpg

sto3.jpg

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    SXS are my favorite for hunting. Mostly hunt with an old L.C. Smith field grade 16 ga. It fits me like a custom gun. Wouldn't trade it for a model 21 if I would have to hunt with the trade....John

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    When I was trap manager at fcvcc,we would have SxS matches--twice monthly----25 from the 20yd line---25"walking international"---12 pair of dbls--25 from the 16yd line---lots of fun,and lots of beautiful old dbls-------C.G.Bonehill,"Elsies",Parkers,Daly,Win.21s and 23s,Savages --------I miss that fun---
    I have a Parker hammer gun(damascus steel---YES,I load BP shells for it) that goes with me to the Pheasant hunt each November.....

"I may have more guns than I need---but,not nearly as many as I want"

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I did that with .308 once, got myself an Indian Enfield. Nice shotgun, I have the O/U Condor, and I love it. It was actually my first gun over 10 years ago. I love that gun, and for the price, it's amazing. I wouldn't mind an Uplander to keep it company, maybe someday.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I had been browsing gunbroker for a while looking for a 28ga when I found this one. I had reluctantly bid on a couple with reserves but never found out what the reserve was on them (obviously more than I was willing to pay) and one other I had questions on but the seller didn't answer my e-mails for 4 days and by then I had already bought this one. For 300 and change I felt I did ok on this one.

It will get used mainly for skeet, I have always shot a SXS better than an O/U for skeet but will stick with my Valmet for trap.

Top Bottom