• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Ok getn my HK mp5 and Walter p22 for the wife outa layaway soon. Tryn to decide what handgun I should purchase next. Got It nArrowed down to 3. Magnum research baby eagle 9mm, beretta 92, or FNS 9mm. Anybody with one of these or hav experience with these, ur thoughts, opinions, and ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!!

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    The only one I haven't held is the baby eagle. But yes I agree, because I've held a FNS and beretta I have those as my top 2. The baby eagle I hav heard nothn but good things, but I really want one of those Bcause not many people hav them. People I kno anyway. I'm leaning toward the FNS at this point. But the berettas are just sweet looking smooth guns.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Are you buying for investments or for fun?
    Practicallity is great. Also looking towards the future is another, some purchases are fads.
    A really hot gun is a Keltec PMR 30. They are selling over 200 over cost.

mike21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Bright
    I've shot the fns-40, imho it has one of the nicest dao triggers available. You can't go wrong with he beretta though.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    im just tryin to diversify my pistol collection. i have 2 g19, berso 380 thunder, taurus pt92. looking for the next. its mostly for CC and fun.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    like i said im leaning toward the fns or beretta. ive always had a thing for the berettas. i got a taurus pt92 because it was basically the same gun. i know a lot of people dnt like taurus semi, but it has worked flawlessly for me. i may go get the real thing (beretta) next. evr since i saw lethal weapon as a kid i have wanted one. Thanks mel!!!!! lol.

Magolin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    I'm new here, but my brother has a Baby Eagle. I had a great time shooting it at the range over Easter weekend. Its on the heavier end of what I like and the grip was a little bigger than I typically like (I'm a chick with small hands), but I enjoyed shooting it enough to consider getting one at some point.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife loves her Taurus PT92 Not that I am calling it a chick gun. I like it for what it is too, the design is solid, and it has been combat tested in many environments. The other tow are good pistols too, just not as much of an aftermarket support system for them.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ya i hav heard alot of people being down on the taurus semis. i have had o problems with my experience with it. In fact its one of my favorite carry pistols. kinda big to carry, wht most people say, but idc i reeally like my taurus. i thnk its time to get the real thing. BERETTA 92

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    thank u for everybodys input. after taking opinions into consideration, and the fact that i have always wanted one, i have chosen the beretta as my new addition to the fam.....

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    like i said im leaning toward the fns or beretta. ive always had a thing for the berettas. i got a taurus pt92 because it was basically the same gun. i know a lot of people dnt like taurus semi, but it has worked flawlessly for me. i may go get the real thing (beretta) next. evr since i saw lethal weapon as a kid i have wanted one. Thanks mel!!!!! lol.
    Sigh* I still cant shoot a smiley face at the range he did in the movie.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Well, I'll admit I'm a huge Beretta fanboy. I carry one everyday, it's my go to gun, and I've got THOUSANDS of rounds down them. I've use FN's and they make good guns, BUT one thing to consider is their lack of available aftermarket parts. I've tried to do some work on FN's for people and there really isn't anything commercially available other than what comes from FN factory. Hence, if you don't like the trigger, the tension, the hammer, etc,etc,etc...you're screwed. Good choice with the Beretta.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Next handgun

I have a Beretta 92 and it is a fine handgun, I highly recommend this weapon! you will never regret it! :rockwoot:
    Ditto on the Beretta. Just got my first one. It is an older 92FS Police Special. I like it more than I thought I would and I have only run a mag thru her. So now it's time to think about the next one! I'm thinkin cowboy.

Top Bottom