• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so a question for ingo... im just about ready to buy another mg. please help me decide which one (already have M10 and Rll)

now im looking for a dedicated 9mm I have narrowed it down to 2; registered uzi bolt or S&W 76/ mk 760

which would you choose and why?

price range is about 5-7k

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd think that "spare parts" and whatnot for the Uzi platform would be much easier to source than the S&W platform.

If that's the case, and I were in your shoes, I think I'd go with the easiest one to fix and buy parts for (especially mags)

-J-

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    yes that is the biggest thing on my mind right now.... but something about the sw 76 speaks to me

i just think i would be so cool to have a factory s&w machine gun.

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I have fired the Uzi. Never fired the S&W. If you have handled both and like one over the other. Then that should have some bearing on your decision. Another factor which may or may not help.
    The S&W mg. Is not well known. Fact is few people know that s&w made a mg.
    This may have a effect on it's appreciation value in yes. to come.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I vote for the Uzi...
    Uzi01.jpg

A Mac would be a good choice as well...
    Max1101.jpg

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Would go with a correctly modified IMI or repaired Vector (six of six in the bunch need some TLC) registered receiver gun, unless you were looking at a mini Uzi option (in the old days did not like the micro but it is like a M11 380 a special purpose sub gun).

Would also look at a Sterling Mk4, lots nicer shooting to many than an Uzi. Had a tube that sold for a good price to a close friend years ago, to get a MP41. He uses it now instead of his Uzi to compete with.

The MK760 is interesting but most need a little adjustment of the bolt/ejection process (i.e. if going that way need to do more research and/or test fire). I got a Sten MkII myself for a "so ugly it looks ok" slow fire 9mm and shoot it more than the Uzi ... but still like the MP5s the best.

db_UZI1.gif
    db_Sterling5.gif

Last edited:

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    sterling is an interesting option that i had not considered. time to do some research on them.

one thing about the uzi is you can change the ROF with just a thicker buffer so easy.

i have often heard that speeding up an uzi makes it much smoother. can any one vouch for that?

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Sterling Mk4 is one of the smoother open bolt guns with a moderate rate of fire. The MP40/MP41 and Grease Gun (M3) is so much slower that they are a different animal.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Try a Sterling, SW76, and a MK760 side by side and I bet the Sterling wins. I have shot them all and for me the Sterling is so much more enjoyable.

Chuck

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    there is a uzi bolt on strum right now for 6.5k that is what started me down this road.

i know that a rr uzi is out of the question for 7k in todays market

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Be patient and keep your eyes peeled for an Uzi. You can find a nice registered receiver gun for $7K or less. Be ready with cash and don't flinch when an opportunity arises. The Uzi is an outstanding first SMG, easy to load, easy to run and lots of neat accessories. You won't be disappointed in one even at premium prices. With many of the others you will want something more later.

Frank

Top Bottom