• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That is soooo cool... You could have a dandy safe for that price though. He kept opening new compartments. Every time I thought he was done, he would open a new one. The magnetic lock was too cool.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've done something similar; back before I could afford a safe I built a fake end on one of my closets. It was indistinguishable without careful measurement. Cost me about $20 and some labor. I used to kick butt, I tells ya.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    That is soooo cool... You could have a dandy safe for that price though. He kept opening new compartments. Every time I thought he was done, he would open a new one. The magnetic lock was too cool.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about a helluva safe for the price. And, to Kirk's point, a quality safe would be fire resistant as well.

But, this would fit the bill to keep curious little fingers off the merchandise...

R3l0@d3r

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I was waiting for him to pull at the center and have the book case open into a secret room!! Even without the secret room, very cool!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    too bad it didn't incorporate some fire protection.. then it would be perfect..

hiding guns/ammo in plain sight AND fire protection = awesome sauce !

This still ranks high on the cool factor.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Big price for VERY COOL item. I doubt theres many other businesses to compete. I agree with the serious lack of fire proofing. Cant have your cake and eat it too I guess.

A very cool item you can never show off or the purpose is defeated. I don't need that kind of temptation.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Very cool idea and a great way to hide things in plain sight. But the first thing that popped into my mind (and it wasn't even fire, which was the second thing that came to mind) was that since the video is on YouTube and once the thieves out there start watching they're going to have the idea to start smashing book shelves to see if it has secret compartments. That's just my opinion though, I prefer a more secure method for my valuables and guns. I do give him props for the ingenuity and craftsmanship.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    since the video is on YouTube and once the thieves out there start watching they're going to have the idea to start smashing book shelves to see if it has secret compartments.

I agree, he probably should save the video for ppl in his store, then again how do you get ppl in the store without showing off awesome videos of "secret" gun storage units. Its tricky.

Top Bottom