• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Found a local shop with plenty in stock, had heard they were slightly oversized and once you used them the hulls would not be useable with other shotshell primers.
    What I found
    #1 these seem to be relatively straight walled compared to the Winchester and Cheddite primers (which are slightly tapered a few thou)
    #2 they are not oversized according to my calipers
    #3 so far in my tests the Win primers still seat tightly after firing with the NobelSports.

I do not run max loads and this test was with 12 gauge only with Rem Gun club hulls.

YMMV

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Nobel Sport makes several different sizes of 209 primers. Several years ago, some were imported into the US that were sized for European loads and were not originally meant to be exported. This is why you hear those stories, they were true at one time! They also make some that are sized for American loads, those are the ones that were most recently imported. There is a numerical code used to tell them apart, but I don't remember the code now.
    The biggest complaint I got was the packaging.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nobel Sport makes several different sizes of 209 primers. Several years ago, some were imported into the US that were sized for European loads and were not originally meant to be exported. This is why you hear those stories, they were true at one time! They also make some that are sized for American loads, those are the ones that were most recently imported. There is a numerical code used to tell them apart, but I don't remember the code now.
    The biggest complaint I got was the packaging.

Mine were packaged the size of a shelf in a Martha Stewart battle pack.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Mine were packaged the size of a shelf in a Martha Stewart battle pack.
    The factory packaging comes with 10 trays of 1,000 in a big box. I would put the individual trays in vacuum seal bags so I could sell them in quantities smaller than 10,000. People still complained about the size of the trays.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Older cheddite and nobel sports used to be oversized. I used them. But it has been many many years. I kept the cheddite packaging. I use magnets to transfer the nobel primers to cheddite packaging. That way I can load it on the trays of the machines.

The current 10k packs, I have more consistent loads than current cheddites. And no pierced primers either

Top Bottom