• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    kick like a love struck mule huh? thats what i hear.... how accurate is it? ..... i like bayo's for sum reason.... good pix wasnt sure aterburys range was stilll there after the tornados now i wanna go!!!! i still havent shot my sks or my ak i bought

slightly off-topic... the ROs at Atterbury said that the military side got hit the worst. The public range was a little soggy for a couple of days, and some clay birds were floating over in the rifle..shotgun..thing... range, but they dried out pretty quickly, considering everything. It was definitely a beautiful day today, that's for sure. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    kick like a love struck mule huh? thats what i hear....

Big kick, but not unmanageable.

how accurate is it?
    Hitting 6" groups at 50 yards. Not great, but not the rifle's fault.

i like bayo's for sum reason
    On the M44, it's designed to shoot with the bayo deployed. Shooting without the bayonet causes the shots to hit to the right of target.

good pix wasnt sure aterburys range was stilll there after the tornados now i wanna go!!!! i still havent shot my sks or my ak i bought
    The range was untouched. The tornadoes did plenty of other damage at the base, though.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    That about encompasses the "non expensive" C&R's.
    Since you didn't say just military, you could look into some of the old Mossburg 22's. Like the military trainers and such. They are going up in price, especially if they have all their original equipment. Plus they tend to be sweet shooters. I have a 46b. It's very sweet.
    Then you wouldn't have to worry about round availabilaty/prices.
    just a suggetion.

my markings are 46M(b) full length stock with tube mag, peep sight, and adjustable fronts.....not a usm marked one, but the cheapest I've seen one on gunbroker was 750. Fantastic 22 rifles though:thumbsup:

I'm actually thinking of getting an m44, m91/30, and such, just depends if I want a few rifles or a brand new r700

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    so the m44 was designed to shoot with bayo extended? would look cool but kinda sucks ina way i think ima get a m38 without the bayo it thats true.....it came 1st and im guessing the addition of the bayo was not ment as a counter weight but i could be wrong

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    so the m44 was designed to shoot with bayo extended? would look cool but kinda sucks ina way i think ima get a m38 without the bayo it thats true.....it came 1st and im guessing the addition of the bayo was not ment as a counter weight but i could be wrong

In the picture posted in the other thread, you can see me shooting with the bayonet deployed. It's not meant as a counterweight. Soviet military doctrine called for the bayonet to remain fixed to the rifle at all times with the exception of traveling by motor vehicle or when in long term storage. As a result, the ballistics of the rifle are designed to shoot straight with the bayonet deployed.

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    and so im guessing the m38 dosent have that lil requirement? as i understand. what about the 91/30? i know its bayo is detachable? still researching that aspect abit

Top Bottom