• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a Norinco 213 (basically Chinese 9mm TT-33) that is having occasional light primer strikes. Always fires on the second strike. Tried several ammunition brands, same thing. Just seems to happen randomly, but about 8 of every 100 has light strike.

I carefully cleaned the firing pin channel, pin, spring, etc. I suspect that the firing pin may be to small (diameter) and hitting the tapered part of It's channel before the primer. I don't know if there is anything else I should be looking at? Maybe hitting the half-cock notch on the way down?

Any ideas?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    firing pin worn down after multiple thousands of rounds? depending on age and frequency of use. get a spec sheet and find the pin length if it offers that information, they do wear down on older soft(ish) metals. good luck.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I get good strikes 95% of the time. If the pin were short, I would think light strikes would occur frequently.

Pistol was unfired when I bought it. I put about 500 through it.
    I think I figured out the problem... maybe. I'm going to order another firing pin to be sure.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Maybe it's not going into full battery until the hammer drops and knocks it in and then theres not enough energy left to fire primer???

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I had a romanian TTC tokarev once. When I got it I had FTF on all surplus ammo about 90% of the time it fired S&B ok. I ordered a Wolff service pak and installed all teh springs in kit and it reliably fired all types of ammo. THe original mainspring on mine was was compressed half the size of the wolff spring. That new mainspring made it like a new gun. Id try that first.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    Ok, I'm going to order the Wolff spring kit and have a new firing pin machined. Think I may replace the firing pin retainer with a stainless roll pin while I'm at it. Wouldn't want my new firing pin flying into the grass somewhere.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I just can't understand why I am getting light strikes so randomly. Ammunition type doesn't seem to make any difference. Strange. I will update this when I get parts replaced (one at a time as to determine cause).

Top Bottom