• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I'm a 1911 guy, love 'em. That being said, I had a chance to shoot my buddy's G26 the other day and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Nice action, decent grouping. Most other plastics I've had a serious problem with. This Glock however was pretty cool. I'm still gonna carry the 1911, just wanted to give you Glock guys a nod. Not a bad pistol at all, just not my carry style. Cheers.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Same thing here..

I got into my first Glock about 1 1/2 years ago--a G-20.
    Yes, I enjoy my 1911's, but that 10MM has a certain feeling of POWER!! HA HA Bill.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Sometimes you have to give it a chance. I was a 1911 guy and will probably always deep down be one but I love my Glocks and my M&Ps, too. There is nothing wrong with giving credit where it is due; I'm a Ford guy but love Corvettes and would love to have a new Tahoe or even a new Challenger. Gotta have a little variety once in a while!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I hate Glocks: Bad looks, no history, terrible mechanics, nothing personal about them at all. Yuck.

I love 1911's: Beautiful, amazing history, mechanics that entice the hands, and each one a very personal piece of steel.

The problem: I hit faster and more accurately with a Glock, period. Something about hand shape and natural alignment to the eyes. Pins drop way, way faster.

The solution: I own a Glock 17. Results are all that matter. Not love, not opinions, not appreciation or desire. Results. Period.

Techres

P.S. Yeah, it sucks. But so be it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I hate Glocks: Bad looks, no history, terrible mechanics, nothing personal about them at all. Yuck.

I love 1911's: Beautiful, amazing history, mechanics that entice the hands, and each one a very personal piece of steel.

The problem: I hit faster and more accurately with a Glock, period. Something about hand shape and natural alignment to the eyes. Pins drop way, way faster.

The solution: I own a Glock 17. Results are all that matter. Not love, not opinions, not appreciation or desire. Results. Period.

Techres

P.S. Yeah, it sucks. But so be it.
    With me, it is S&W, they just fit, I pick one up, and it is like magic.... like they were custom made for me .... :twocents:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have try a lot of different set up's last few years but Glock is what I'm most proficient with and shoot the best, I do have a 1911 that I like a lot but the Glock's are my main SD tools.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    With me, it is S&W, they just fit, I pick one up, and it is like magic.... like they were custom made for me .... :twocents:

Yep same here. I have a 6904 that fits me perfectly good firm grip. I am more accurate with my 6904 but my 1911 is by my bedside...need to shoot a piece of tuppaware though.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im fond of the 1911's myself, but I like shooting my brothers Glock its a nice gun, I really cant say anything bad about it. Other than I just dont like the looks of it, but they are growing on me

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    You've discovered what many of us have known for years.... 1911 and a Glock for CCW. If Im not toting a Kimber then its one of the G19s !!!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I was strictly a 1911 fan back in the 80's until I fired my co workers 1st gen G-17, I was impessed with its mag capacity, then a Tacoma Wa P.D. Officer took the time to show me his and break it down. I had to have one.............now the Colts collect $ and dust in the safe and the Glocks are daily use items.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    The Glock is a great firearm..no it's not necessarily pretty,but it works,and works well...I've tried several in different calibers,and sizes,and unfortunately,they just don't seem to fit my hands well,and I get bit by the trigger,so I personally will probably never own one,but to all who own them and love them..:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom