• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    WHAT IS WITH the Ruger Mk. III mags being completely gone?

Even the Ruger website doesn't have any, having 2 ten round magazines is incredibly irritating.

I don't understand WHY it is so hard to press a few of them out, OBVIOUSLY the demand is high enough. Ruger makes most of my favorite non-milsurp guns and yet it seems like they are trying to make me hate them.

I just don't see what is keeping them from keeping up with demand. They are a very popular manufacturer with a very popular rimfire handgun.

ALL OF MY :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I hate to say it, and I could be wrong, but Ruger almost certainly contracts out the magazine manufacturing to someone in a low cost country, and probably have to wait for a 90 day (at best) production lead time plus a 120 day over the water shipping time to get their next container of magazines delivered.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You know.... usually when someone posts something like this, I can google up somewhere that has X-widget that was being complained about.

But you're right! I looked at about a dozen very popular online retail sights and didn't find ANY in stock.

I did find a great price on them, though, here: Impact Guns - Ruger MKIII 22LR Magazine, 10rd Whenever they are back in stock.

-J-

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I hate to say it, and I could be wrong, but Ruger almost certainly contracts out the magazine manufacturing to someone in a low cost country, and probably have to wait for a 90 day (at best) production lead time plus a 120 day over the water shipping time to get their next container of magazines delivered.

This seems likely. Best I can tell, there were still some around back in July, so maaaaybe I might be able to find some for myself around my birthday....:faint:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    WHAT IS WITH the Ruger Mk. III mags being completely gone?

Even the Ruger website doesn't have any, having 2 ten round magazines is incredibly irritating.

I don't understand WHY it is so hard to press a few of them out, OBVIOUSLY the demand is high enough. Ruger makes most of my favorite non-milsurp guns and yet it seems like they are trying to make me hate them.

I just don't see what is keeping them from keeping up with demand. They are a very popular manufacturer with a very popular rimfire handgun.

ALL OF MY :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Last time I was in Applied Ballistics, they had some hanging on the wall for sale.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had to get some MkIII mags for the MkI. You have to reverse the little doodad that slides down the side, then you have to tweak the plastic at the base because they don't want to engage, or disengage, one or the other.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader 22 Cal Pistol Mag Loader Polymer Clear

Pick up one of these. It loads your mags so fast you could get by with only 1 mag. It's what I did since I haven't been able to find mags for my MKIII 22/45 for over a year.

Anyone who says they tried this and it didn't work, they just didn't take the time to fine tune things and spray a burst of silicone spray into a bulk pack of .22. I load my mags in under 2 seconds every time.

It's not the mags you want...but it's the next best thing. Might be my new favorite non-gun, shooting related item. I might take it over my Uplula.

Top Bottom