• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    Ok, well, I was directed to INGO by a friend and immediately started trying to do research on my Mosin 91/30. In fact, I believe that was my first order of business. Didn't realize this was requested, so filling it out now. So, I am still fairly new, just joined at the end of Feb, I believe. Not sure exactly what is wanted here, but I guess the point is to give you some general info on me.

Bio Stuff
    I’ve lived all over the place and now in NWI. Army brat, but didn’t move around much b/c military. Love all things military and have heart for our military and law enforcement. VERY happily married, no children yet. Christian minister / pastor. I love the Lord Jesus Christ and yes, I know I fail to represent Him well… I’m a messy work in progress and I know it! If you want to talk about any of this, PM me since I know it’s not the purpose of the forum.

Hobbies
    I’m an electrician, but not working as one now. Still thoroughly enjoy electrical work and enjoy helping others as I’m able.

I’m also a martial arts instructor and the martial arts are the third most important love of my life (Christ, my wife / family, and martial arts). I started in 95, began assistant teaching in 96 and teaching as a chief instructor in 2001. I currently hold a 3rd Degree in Shaolin Kempo (certified instructor), and 2nd Degree in a mixed style. I’ve also studied a plethora of others here and there, though not extensively. I stopped studying temporarily about two years ago when I was finishing school, heavily involved in the church, and got married (just minor things… right?!). I gained a lot of weight and started back last November and am currently working on getting back into shape, so I guess about 1 ½ years “off.”

LOVE racquetball, archery, photography, cars, building projects, pretty much anything hands-on and active. Also a tech and computer geek and enjoy building, repairing, etc.

Firearms:
    I have just started collecting. My dad loved firearms and had a decent collection, but I was raised by a mother who hated firearms. I also spent 9 years in school, post high-school. Thus, I have not been able to collect (family restrictions and financial) until recently. Still only able to do a little because of finances. I was given a Mosin and recently made my first purchase, a Polish Milled AK-47.

Genre of firearms I enjoy most:
    Wow, for what application?! I guess the thing I enjoy most would be long-range, large calibers (sniper at heart, .50 anyone!). I have no real training, I just enjoy it a LOT. There is an art to it, and a precision that I’m drawn to (perhaps MA background?)… also, I believe in making things count and I have no desire to shoot it out at close range if a BMG will do it from far, far away.

Second would be assault rifle. Right now I’m focused on the AK simply because I believe in larger-bore and if I’m going to be in close, and violence is the only remaining option… I want to be as effective as possible and end it as quickly as possible… too many lives are lost doing things half-way.

Bottom line, I believe the firearm should fit the application / need. Truth be known, we all default to what we know best and for close-in, I’m most likely to default to martial arts… though I do hold the lovely pink cert. Don’t know enough to enter into the handgun debates.

Philosophy on Conflict / Violence of Action:
    I kept typing elements of this in the sections above, so it seems it needs its own section. I guess this also goes back to martial arts, or rather, this is how my personality is expressed in both martial arts and firearms. I believe in protecting those that cannot protect themselves; I also believe in teaching people to protect themselves, especially women. This is especially true and important to me due to family history.

With the above as background, my philosophy is pretty much this: Avoid conflict if at all possible (and reasonable). Try every reasonable avenue to avoid it. Much of the time, conflict can and should be avoided if we keep our heads and drop our egos. If I can avoid something, great, no need to cause heartache. I don’t mind being made fun of, I don’t care about ego; the goal is to avoid unnecessary conflict. However, anyone on here recognizes that it’s not always possible, especially when we bring this philosophy from the individual to the international level or when protecting others. Sometimes the escalation will / should be slow and sometimes not (sometimes a long time, sometimes a matter of fractions of a second). Experience and wisdom teach us the difference. After every reasonable avenue has been attempted to avoid conflict, it’s time for quick, decisive action with the goal of ending it as quickly and effectively as possible. There is a time for words and diplomacy and when that time is over, it is time for decisive action. The action should not exceed what is necessary, but it should be decisive, quick, and effective. In short, speak softly, carry a BIG stick, and know when and how to use it! This is why I believe in / lean toward larger-bore weapons. In my mind, if the situation is bad enough to warrant that type of action, it should be terminal and put a quick end to the situation. I have seen and heard of WAY too many situations where action was not taken or the action taken was not effective and good people have been hurt and / or lost their lives. Life is precious and valuable and should be protected from those who would take it without cause.

Want to know anything else, just ask :)
    :smileak::ar15::patriot: (I hereby request a sniping smiley which would be inserted here... he he he)

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    Oh yeah, I meant to say thanks to a number of INGO members I've met personally already. There is an integrity among them that is MUCH appreciated and so far, everyone I've met has been a joy to speak with! Thanks guys!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom