• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I bought my son an M&P9c. Nice gun and we both like it.

First time we took it out and shot it the front site drifted over. Called Smith and they said they would send me a tag or something. I waited a couple weeks and nothing came. So he called them back and they sent FedEx to my house to pickup the firearm to return for repair.

Got the gun back after the repair and my son took it out to shoot it a little bit. Comes home and says the site drifted over a little bit:xmad: (that's a mad face).

Called Smith and they said that maybe they will just replace the whole slide. Send it back and we will take care of it. So off it goes again. Comes back, I do not believe that the slide is replaced but the site is straight. So he takes it out again and shoots it some more. He comes home and said the white dot popped out of the front site.

All fairly minor issues yes. Smith and Wesson customer service has been pretty good and pleasant. They did accidently (probably) return his gun the second time with a magazine. (We sent the gun in without magazines so bonus).

Now my son sells firearms retail. I wonder what his comments about the gun would be to potential customers.. The bottom line comes down to you need to have a good customer service department but if you have to use them to much and for the same thing, a customer starts to sour on you. Especially if it is a problem that a lot of people are having. At some point you better fix it because people have a tendency to talk on forums about their experiences. They may also be in a position to recommend your product or recommend something else.

I am not trying to beat up S&W. I like their guns and I have several. But they need to fix a few issues permanently before people start to choose something else. The internet can be terrible for a company when you do a Google search.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Took my new full size M&P to the range today for the first time. Overall, things went very well and I shot about 100 rounds with no problems. Except near the end the little plug of white paint came flying out of the depression in the front site.

Is this a common thing? I'm thinking of maybe a little bottle of white auto touch-up paint to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Throw some Tritium night sites on it and never look back. My S&W 1911sc has them, and they are simply awesome.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Throw some Tritium night sites on it and never look back. My S&W 1911sc has them, and they are simply awesome.

Yes, but I suggest that you also buy the new S&W gun belt. It comes with the gun holster, two mag holders and 1 touch-up paint holder. It also has a small flag like referees have that says "time out, hold your fire, I have to repaint my front site".:D

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Took my new full size M&P to the range today for the first time. Overall, things went very well and I shot about 100 rounds with no problems. Except near the end the little plug of white paint came flying out of the depression in the front site.

Is this a common thing? I'm thinking of maybe a little bottle of white auto touch-up paint to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Used their other products with great success... I bit more expensive but as I have 92fs that doesn't have many night sight options I was about to give it a try.

DuraCoat DuraGlo Night Sight Paint

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Thanks for the input. My first instinct was to clean and degrease the dimple and put in some white Testers enamel, but I thought I'd ask some guys who know more about guns than I do first.

KevBing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013

Any suggestions?

Mine never had that ??? Hmmm

Top Bottom